Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
2364 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 8:59 AM by brownwrap RSS
brownwrap Newcomer 8 posts since
Jan 24, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 2, 2013 4:18 PM

How do I get a license key

I have download an evaluation copy ePolicy Orchestrator. Is this a limited version? Some of the functions display evaluation mode, does that limit what I can do with it? What I would like to do is set it up on a private network with a Windows 2008 Server and Solaris machines as clients. Thanks.

• rmetzger Champion 566 posts since
    Jan 4, 2005
    1. Feb 2, 2013 8:26 PM (in response to brownwrap)
    Re: How do I get a license key

Hi brownwrap,

First thing you need to do is purchase one of the McAfee suites, which contain ePO. With the purchase comes a Grant Number via email.

Next login here:

http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx

Use the Grant Number (Download My Products) and press Go

Something like this should be returned

My Product

License Keys

ePolicy Orchestrator : xnnxx-nxxxx-xxxnx-xxxnx-xxxxx

Your number will be different.

This is the number you need to use within ePO to take it from evaluation to production mode.

Good luck,

Ron Metzger

• pthomass Group Leader 67 posts since
    Aug 2, 2010
    3. Feb 3, 2013 2:18 AM (in response to brownwrap)
    Re: How do I get a license key

You do not need a license key to evaluate ePO; license keys are only provided for purchased products. You have 90 days to evaluate ePO before the evaluation period expires, and it is fully functional during that time. As Ron mentioned to you, if you purchase the product, you receive a license key and the product becomes licensed (with no expiration).

In addition to ePO you will need point products to manage (e.g., VirusScan Enterprise). Once you have ePO installed, and are running in Evaluation mode, you can use the Software Manager feature to install evaluation versions of a number of point products. It's possible  that some of the point products have limited functionality during the evaluation period and that should be conveyed in the documentation.

~ Patt ~
    McAfee Engineering | ePO QA Team

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points