4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 8:59 AM by brownwrap RSS

How do I get a license key

brownwrap

I have download an evaluation copy ePolicy Orchestrator. Is this a limited version? Some of the functions display evaluation mode, does that limit what I can do with it? What I would like to do is set it up on a private network with a Windows 2008 Server and Solaris machines as clients. Thanks.

• 1. Re: How do I get a license key
          rmetzger

Hi brownwrap,

First thing you need to do is purchase one of the McAfee suites, which contain ePO. With the purchase comes a Grant Number via email.

Next login here:

http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx

Use the Grant Number (Download My Products) and press Go

Something like this should be returned

My Product

License Keys

ePolicy Orchestrator : xnnxx-nxxxx-xxxnx-xxxnx-xxxxx

Your number will be different.

This is the number you need to use within ePO to take it from evaluation to production mode.

Good luck,

Ron Metzger

• 2. Re: How do I get a license key
            brownwrap

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I downloaded the eval to evauted it. I want a key for the evaluation period, so I can evaulate the product. I downloaded Server 2008 to do just that. We have a live system at work, I want to try things, break them, fix them, etc.

• 3. Re: How do I get a license key
              Patt Thomasson

You do not need a license key to evaluate ePO; license keys are only provided for purchased products. You have 90 days to evaluate ePO before the evaluation period expires, and it is fully functional during that time. As Ron mentioned to you, if you purchase the product, you receive a license key and the product becomes licensed (with no expiration).

In addition to ePO you will need point products to manage (e.g., VirusScan Enterprise). Once you have ePO installed, and are running in Evaluation mode, you can use the Software Manager feature to install evaluation versions of a number of point products. It's possible  that some of the point products have limited functionality during the evaluation period and that should be conveyed in the documentation.

• 4. Re: How do I get a license key
                brownwrap

OK, thank you. I guess I was confused about the message after I installed ePO. We have a fully funtional system at work, but but I don't understand how it operates, and I am only allowed to monitor it.