1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 12:22 PM by mega666 RSS

Help please

mega666

I'm sorry to bother and I don't even know if this thread should be here but, I was just hired at a company to be the computer manager and there's a computer that has DLP, can anyone help me out? I don't even know how to open the DLP Manager or anything and I need to unblock the computer for file transfering and the old Admin doesn't work here anymore, any help would be appreaciated.

• 1. Re: Help please
          Joshua Harrison

You've confirmed it's McAfee DLP? Under ePO navigate to Menu - Data Protection - DLP Policy/Monitor to do admin work. If you want to remove the software verify it's in your Master Repository then create a client task to remove.

• 2. Re: Help please
            mega666

It says "McAfee DLP (Active Mode) so I'm guessing it is and what's ePO? Sorry to be so clueless, I had never seen this software before...

• 3. Re: Help please
              Joshua Harrison

ePO = ePolicy Orchestrator which is McAfee's centralized management software. I hope you have that!

• 4. Re: Help please
                mega666

I've been trying to find it, I googled what it meant but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the computer, I think there's only DLP Agent Service, McShield, SiteAdvisor Enterprise Service and Task Manager.

• 5. Re: Help please
                  SafeBoot

mega666 wrote:

I've been trying to find it, I googled what it meant but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the computer, I think there's only DLP Agent Service, McShield, SiteAdvisor Enterprise Service and Task Manager.

EPO is a central system running on a server somewhere - it controls and manages all the McAfee products. Without that you are without paddle so to speak.

You can't control DLP or do anything with it without going through EPO so you have to find that first, and the credentials for it.

To save time you might want to consider getting some professional help from your McAfee reseller - it sounds like you got dropped in the deep end.

• 6. Re: Help please
                    mega666

Hahaha, yeah, in the deep end and without floaters... Alright, I'll check the Servers for it and call McAfee if I can't find anything, thank you for your help.

• 7. Re: Help please
                      mega666

Is there a way to back track the ePO?

• 8. Re: Help please
                        SafeBoot

You should be able to find "sitelist.xml" in the McAfee agent folder on the client machine - that may point you in the right direction.

• 9. Re: Help please
                          Joshua Harrison

mega666 wrote:

Is there a way to back track the ePO?

Hopefully ePO has the default ports. Try going to a system with McAfee software installed, open a browser, and type http://localhost:8081 or you can enter the IP/name of the system in question. This will open the agent log and show the name of the hosting ePO server.

1 2 Previous Next