Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
937 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 6:43 AM by dspracklen RSS
dspracklen Newcomer 5 posts since
Jan 31, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 31, 2013 6:59 AM

Updating to MVM 7.5 left me unable to connect to the database externally

Previously things were working smoothly with MVM 7.0.  Yesterday after upgrading to MVM 7.5 I found my code was unable to log into the SQL Server database. The code is written in Java; it's designed to log into the SQL Server database directly and extract scan information, which it then formats and forwards along.

The code now gives this as the error:

ERROR main MVMVulnAdaptor.java(129) - DB query error: Unable to get a ResultSet from our Statement instance, com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed.

My software is unchanged, so it seems as though the upgrade changed something with the database in some way.  I imagine it either uploaded some sort of DLL update or changed settings, but I can't find anything about this happening in the update log.  Web searches for that error message mostly turn up people having problems getting encryption correct, but this little program doesn't use any encryption to connect.

Thanks much for your help.

Message was edited by: dspracklen on 1/31/13 6:59:43 AM CST
  • Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009

hi ds,

Can you login to MVM GUI?  take your customizations out of the equation?

- Cathy

• Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009

Sounds like the installation was only partially upgraded to 7.5.  All components must be at the same patch level, which if you ran FSUPDATE after the upgrade (required as per the install guide) should be 7.5.1.

Do you have all the install Guides, and did you meet all the pre-requsites before you upgraded?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points