1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 9:16 AM by Peter M

Newbie problem with reversed ip

Hoping someone can help me out please.

I have installed the security centre on two pc's one installed fine and the other installed reversing the ip. Before I knew about the ip reversal, on my main PC I removed the reversed ip pc and so now it doesn't show in the network map and I would really like to bring it back. Can someone please tell me how I can do this without reinsatlling the software. The reason I dont really want to reinstall is because my account with my ip provider is showing that I have four pc's running the software due to reinstalls etc, and I can't seem to get them to remove the one's not in use!!!

Many Thanks

• 1. Re: Newbie problem with reversed ip
          Peter M

The reverse IP phenomenon was literally just that, it didn't effect anything, simply a display issue and was supposed to be fixed ages ago.

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it finds a problem and fixes it:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If not I recommend opening a case with Technical Support.  It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.