- Log into http://www.mcafeeasap.com.
- Select Policies.
- Click Add Policy.
- In the Policy name field, type the name for the new policy.
- Select Virus & Spyware Protection, Excluded Files and Folders and set the Type to Folder.
- In the Value field, type the name of the folder to be excluded, then click Add Exclusions.
NOTE: Include a 'backslash' (\) character at the end of folder names otherwise these will be seen as file names.
- Repeat for all additional folders to be excluded and then click Save.
- If specific files or file extensions are to be excluded, change the Type to either File or File Extension.
- The new policy will be identical to the McAfee Default policy for all other features unless further modified.