Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
1128 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 3:01 AM by yoann63 RSS
yoann63 Newcomer 41 posts since
Mar 16, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 29, 2013 2:12 AM

improve my dashboard

HI,

i'd like to add 2 monitors in my dashboard:

- monitor clients which didn't communicate with EPO since a long time

- monitor which show numbers of clients deployed for each product/version (i use the monitor: product deployment but the thing i'd like too is the possibility to click to have the details like the synthesis agent version monitor)

I don't see them. Maybe possible to create our own monitors ?

Thanks for your help,

Y

• ATTEPOTeam Newcomer 9 posts since
    Sep 1, 2004
    1. Jan 29, 2013 3:39 AM (in response to yoann63)
    Re: improve my dashboard

Hi,

Dashboard Monitors are based on queries. So for your objective you need to create your own query.

Have created a query that pick all Managed System with not EPO communication since three month. When clicking on returned result you have access to the details.

Below the XML code for that query. Copy and paste it to a file, then save the file with xml extension. Last import the query to your EPO server then add the monitor base on this query (Ensure that the group where you import the query is on shared group). If you prefer I can pass to you the xml file by email. FYI have also added a query on the Dashboard to follow-up duplicated systems, very cool. Now my colleagues have no reason to create duplicated items. Hope this will help.

<queries>

<query>

<name language="en">Systems with No Epo communication since 3 month per Top-Level Group (Cleaning required)</name>

<description language="en">Displays a bar chart of your managed systems with no communication to EPO since 3 month organized by top-level System Tree group.</description>

<property name="target">EPOLeafNode</property>

<property name="tableURI">query:table?orion.table.columns=EPOBranchNode.NodeTextPath2%3AE POLeafNode.NodeName%3AEPOComputerProperties.IPV6%3AEPOLeafNode.os%3AEPOLeafNode. Tags&amp;orion.table.order.by=EPOBranchNode.NodeTextPath2%3AEPOLeafNode.NodeName %3AEPOComputerProperties.IPV6%3AEPOLeafNode.os%3AEPOLeafNode.Tags&amp;orion.tabl e.order=az</property>

<property name="conditionURI">query:condition?orion.condition.sexp=%28+where+%28+olderTha n+EPOLeafNode.LastUpdate+7776000000++%29+%29</property>

<property name="summaryURI">query:summary?orion.query.type=bar.bar&amp;orion.sum.query=tr ue&amp;orion.sum.group.by=EPOBranchNode.L2ParentID&amp;orion.sum.order=desc&amp; orion.sum.limit.count=200&amp;orion.sum.aggregation=count&amp;orion.sum.aggregat ion.showTotal=true</property>

</query>

</queries>

Sep 1, 2004
    3. Jan 29, 2013 8:20 AM (in response to yoann63)

First query should be imported on the query group you plan to use not on the Dashboard and then add them to the Dashoard as monitor.

Second if your queries group doesn't appear on the Dashboard this is probably because they miss permmissions :

1. Go to Groups, then highlight the groups that contain your queries, click below on Group action then choose edit. Ensure that the groups have the required permissions

2. Regarding the code I sent you be certain that you don't have line break. Each line start with < and finish with > egg  <property name="target">EPOLeafNode</property>. No line break between code.  So adjust  the broken lines

<queries>

<query>

<name language="en">Systems with No Epo communication since 3 month per Top-Level Group (Cleaning required)</name>

<description language="en">Displays a bar chart of your managed systems with no communication to EPO since 3 month organized by top-level System Tree group.</description>

<property name="target">EPOLeafNode</property>

Below remove the line break, all should be on the same line

<property name="tableURI">query:table?orion.table.columns=EPOBranchNode.NodeTextPath2%3AE POLeafNode.NodeName%3AEPOComputerProperties.IPV6%3AEPOLeafNode.os%3AEPOLeafNode .

Tags&amp;orion.table.order.by=EPOBranchNode.NodeTextPath2%3AEPOLeafNode.NodeName %3AEPOComputerProperties.IPV6%3AEPOLeafNode.os%3AEPOLeafNode.Tags&amp;orion.tab l e.order=az</property>

<property name="conditionURI">query:condition?orion.condition.sexp=%28+where+%28+olderTha n+EPOLeafNode.LastUpdate+7776000000++%29+%29</property>

Below remove the line break, all should be on the same line

<property name="summaryURI">query:summary?orion.query.type=bar.bar&amp;orion.sum.query=tr ue&amp;orion.sum.group.by=EPOBranchNode.L2ParentID&amp;orion.sum.order=desc&amp ; orion.sum.limit.count=200&amp;orion.sum.aggregation=count&amp;orion.sum.aggrega t ion.showTotal=true</property>

</query>

</queries>

Sample :

code.jpg

Sep 1, 2004
    6. Jan 30, 2013 10:37 PM (in response to yoann63)

Hi,

Which release of EPO are you running ? Based on your message I think you run 4.6.xx (Import dashboard does not exist on previous release) The describe process is the method to set/modify/create a Dashboard and am running 4.5.xx

Have a look to the EPO 4.5 guide it provided you all the guidance to create, change, set a Dashboard.

Hope this will help.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points