Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1037 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 8:10 AM by Tristan RSS
mikecompton Newcomer 5 posts since
Jan 29, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 29, 2013 6:07 AM

New, "Successful" DLP Installation, Does Not Apply Policy

This is apparently a known issue, but i cannot find the knowledge article whcih confirms this.

Basically, machines which install DLP either through SCCM or via the EPO, install the application successfully, error = 0, log shows successful, but following one or more reboots the policy is still not applied and the machine shows in the EPO as not being protected.

Can someone advise?

• Tristan Veteran 799 posts since
    Dec 8, 2009

Possibly releated to this issue and the fact that for some reason DLP has trouble refreshing and applying policies.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/272829#272829

The problem

From my findings the issue is with versions of the policy that DLP is storing/caching/enforcing. It's not correctly recognising policies from ePO and not applying the changes.

The fix

Create a duplicate of your main DLP agent configuration policy. Select your rogue system and 'modify policy on single system', override the default policy and apply the new policy and send a wake up, wait a bit and restore the original policy and DLP should appear in the 'managed features' menu.

Basically DLP is able to recognize the new policy and this is enough to kick DLP out of it's stuck phase and into a policy refresh

• Tristan Veteran 799 posts since
    Dec 8, 2009

It that case duplicate your main policy and assign it to the top of your System tree 'My Organization' and apply it to all machines.

It's a new policy that triggers it not the contents of the policy so you don't need to change any settings. It shouldn't be to much of an issue to re-apply the new policy to all machines working or not.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points