4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 5:56 AM by mgarten RSS

EPO Upgrade 6.1.3 to 6.2.1

All I want to do is upgrade from 6.1.3 to 6.2.1.

I checked in 6.2.1 to the current branch of software as well as the eeagent version 1.2.1. I go to look at my client tasks and they are gone.

So the question is, how do I setup the client tasks. I want to do it safely but I cant do the agent, wait 2 weeks and then EEPC. Do I put them both in the same client task ?

So far I can find no documentation on upgrading pcs, with client tasks, in EPO from 6.1.x to 6.2.

Please help.

• 1. Re: EPO Upgrade 6.1.3 to 6.2.1

I found a 6.0 document that said to schedule them both on the same client task but make sure EEAGENT is first. I did this. It ran, EEAGENT Completed. EEPC did not. User gets reboot prompt reboots , EEPC instals, user gets prompted again. Reboots. Now 6.21 is installed too.

Is this how its supposed to work ? Anyway to get it down to one prompt one reboot ?

• 2. Re: EPO Upgrade 6.1.3 to 6.2.1

I guess there is no other way...I've done it like you.

One client task to deploy both the 1.2.1 agent and the 6.2.1 eepc software.

2 reboots are required as described in the migration guide

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 23000/PD23752/en_US/eepc_620_migration_guide_en-us.pdf

• 3. Re: EPO Upgrade 6.1.3 to 6.2.1

Thanks for the reply. I've also read how its important to install the agent first and then EEPC. Did you have any trouble with installing the upgrades out of order ? Also, did your users freak out with 2 reboot requirement ?

• 4. Re: EPO Upgrade 6.1.3 to 6.2.1

we use the following settings within the client taks for the EEPC Agent update:

With this setting it is only needed one reboot.

And we do work with tags and queries. Create 2 tags: e.g. ee_agent1.2.1-update and ee_eepc6.2.1-update

Create a query which filter all systems where the ee agent is version or 1.2.1 and it has tag ee_agent1.2.1-update and not tag ee_eepc6.2.1-update

The query should run every 15 minutes (server task). Systems which are in the query then are tagged with tag ee_eepc6.2.1-update.

Create 2 client tasks:

1) one with ee agent which runs only if the client system has tag ee_agent1.2.1-update

2) one with ee eepc which runs only if the client system has tag ee_eepc6.2.1-update and ee agent versions is

So basically that should be everything in short words.