3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 9:03 AM by alexn RSS

Installing WCF for DLP 9.2.100

kink80

How do I specify multiple groups that should be designated as  "Web Access Authorized Groups" when I am installing the WCF service? I tried with a semicolon but I got an error when I did this. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Installing WCF for DLP 9.2.100
          alexn

just input "Domain Admins" without quote.It will work. OR Creat a group or groups in Windows Active Directory with the names of users authorized to login to the database. You must change the default Web Access Authorized Groups entry from Everyone to a group or user that you created in your Active Directory.

Message was edited by: alexn on 1/28/13 2:37:03 PM CST
          • 2. Re: Installing WCF for DLP 9.2.100
            kink80

Thanks for the reply. I can get it to work by changing the DLPWCFService.exe.config "AuthorizationGroups" to domain\mygroup but I need to specify more than one AD group in that location. How would I go about doing that? Would I uses commas, semicolons, something else? Thanks Again.

Message was edited by: kink80 on 1/28/13 4:14:51 PM GMT-06:00
            • 3. Re: Installing WCF for DLP 9.2.100
              alexn

Just for information: (The McAfee DLP Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) service is used to communicate between

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint, and the McAfee DLP Monitor. In

McAfee Total Protection for Data Loss Prevention, it is not used to communicate with ePolicy

Orchestrator or with the McAfee DLP Monitor.)

Web access authorized groups

When installing the McAfee DLP WCF service, you are asked to specify the Web Access Authorized Groups

(WAAG). We recommend setting up a group or groups in Windows Active Directory or Open LDAP with

the names of users authorized to log on to the database.

When the McAfee DLP Endpoint policy console attempts to connect to WCF, it impersonates the logged

on user. After the user name is authenticated, WCF checks to see if the user is a member of the WAAG

before connecting to the database,

Now You want to add multiple WAAGs, I think It would work seprating them with Comma, I never tried it but you may try and let me know as well.