Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1021 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 9:03 AM by alexn RSS
kink80 Champion 472 posts since
Apr 6, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 28, 2013 1:48 PM

Installing WCF for DLP 9.2.100

How do I specify multiple groups that should be designated as  "Web Access Authorized Groups" when I am installing the WCF service? I tried with a semicolon but I got an error when I did this. Thanks.

• alexn Veteran 722 posts since
    Aug 9, 2012
    1. Jan 28, 2013 2:37 PM (in response to kink80)
    Re: Installing WCF for DLP 9.2.100

just input "Domain Admins" without quote.It will work. OR Creat a group or groups in Windows Active Directory with the names of users authorized to login to the database. You must change the default Web Access Authorized Groups entry from Everyone to a group or user that you created in your Active Directory.

Message was edited by: alexn on 1/28/13 2:37:03 PM CST

Post Timings: 6.00 AM to 3.00PM PDT
  • alexn Veteran 722 posts since
    Aug 9, 2012
    3. Jan 29, 2013 9:03 AM (in response to kink80)
    Re: Installing WCF for DLP 9.2.100

Just for information: (The McAfee DLP Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) service is used to communicate between

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint, and the McAfee DLP Monitor. In

McAfee Total Protection for Data Loss Prevention, it is not used to communicate with ePolicy

Orchestrator or with the McAfee DLP Monitor.)

Web access authorized groups

When installing the McAfee DLP WCF service, you are asked to specify the Web Access Authorized Groups

(WAAG). We recommend setting up a group or groups in Windows Active Directory or Open LDAP with

the names of users authorized to log on to the database.

When the McAfee DLP Endpoint policy console attempts to connect to WCF, it impersonates the logged

on user. After the user name is authenticated, WCF checks to see if the user is a member of the WAAG

before connecting to the database,

Now You want to add multiple WAAGs, I think It would work seprating them with Comma, I never tried it but you may try and let me know as well.

Post Timings: 6.00 AM to 3.00PM PDT

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points