2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 5:17 PM by njbaker7

Greendot Moneypak Virus

My computer detected this Trojan twice before locking me out. Luckily I was able to clean it up. I received this Trojan not from an e-mail or DL'ing an attachment, but from surfing the web, and not any explicit websites. I had a few different websites open at the time. I was wondering how I can see what website possibility gave me this Trojan. I would like to inform the website owner if I could.

• 1. Re: Greendot Moneypak Virus
          Hayton

njbaker7 wrote:

... not any explicit websites. I had a few different websites open at the time. I was wondering how I can see what website possibility gave me this Trojan.

Take your pick. Any one of those sites could have downloaded malware onto your PC in a variety of ways. All it takes is a few lines of javascript or Java, or an iFrame silently connecting to another website to download the Trojan, or a third-party advertisment on the webpage with malicious code inserted. The website could be a perfectly legitimate website, it doesn't have to be one that you might suspect of harbouring malware.

One thing you can do is to run each of those websites through TrustedSource and Sucuri and see what comes up.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Greendot Moneypak Virus

Thank you for the information.