Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
730 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 1:59 AM by denny RSS
denny Newcomer 12 posts since
Jan 19, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 27, 2013 11:54 PM

QA: client pc raised a message when accessing the website via ISA server

hi team,

i have a web-gw issue need your help. thanks.

WEB-GW 7.2

McAfee Plugins for ISA 1.4

ISA 2004

for issue :

now our web-gw running on proxy mode and enabled ICAP server feature. then installed the McAfee Plugins for ISA on ISA server as a ICAP client.  let all the WEB traffic redirect to WEB-GW . it works well.  we also  enabled the "bypasss on failure" function on mcafee plugins. we let the web-gw down then all traffic back to original line. but we faced a issue that  it came the below message when access the websites on client PC. i tested it on my lab, i can reproduced this issue . my customer do not want to show this on client pc when the web-gw down. May i know what is the root cause and how to fix it ?

1.jpg

please check my config from ISA as below, the ip address 172.16.80.233 is the web-gw and enabled the "bypass on failure" feature.

2.jpg

we let the web-gw down or disable ICAP server feature on web-gw. then the client pc keep accessed the websites fine and we can see all ICAP packet sent to WEB-GW failed. but the message is displayed on the website.  if we disable reqmod and respmod on Plugins, then issue gone.

3.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points