Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
11137 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 5:31 AM by raghavendrabhat RSS 1 2 Previous Next
sagarmc004 Newcomer 35 posts since
Jan 25, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 25, 2013 6:16 AM

file catalog.z is corrupt error

Hi,

I have configured McAfee 8.8 patch 2 on WIndows 7 x64 platform and the antivirus updates are downloaded from a local repository only.  With earlier McAfee 8.8 configuration, I was able to download the updates and I did not face any issues.

But after upgrading to patch 2, the auto update is not downloading antivirus updates anymore and I am seeing the following error.

Downloading Catalog.z

Verifying catalog.z

File Catalog.z is corrupt. Downloading complete file again.

Downloading Catalog.z

File Catalog.z is corrupt. Downloading complete file again.

Error occurred while verifying catalog.z

What could be wrong ?

• cibgiu Newcomer 10 posts since
    Jan 10, 2005
    1. Jan 29, 2013 2:07 AM (in response to sagarmc004)
    Re: file catalog.z is corrupt error

Hi,

I suggest you to rebuild the repository, here the kb article https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53736

Giuseppe

• alexn Veteran 722 posts since
    Aug 9, 2012
    3. Feb 6, 2013 1:30 PM (in response to sagarmc004)
    First, verify the issue:
    1. Navigate to the <ePO_Installation_directory>\DB\Keystore folder on the ePO 4.5 server.
    2. Check for the presence of any files with a very large random number for the name. (Example: cd47de04de0f243952df6d1298b08f0e561c81ee.zip)
    If you have any files of that type in the DB\Keystore folder on the ePO  server, then do the following steps to resolve the issue:
    1. On the ePO 4.5 server and affected Agent Handler(s), right-click each of the following services and click Stop:

• McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator  Application Server
      • McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator  Event Parser
      • McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator  Server
    2. Delete the large random .ZIP file (whatever it is named on this ePO 4.5 server) from the DB\Keystore folder on both the ePO 4.5 server and the affected Agent Handler(s).
    3. Click Start, Run, type services.msc and click OK.
    4. On the ePO 4.5 server and affected Agent Hander(s), right-click each of the following services and click Start:

• McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Application Server
      • McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Event Parser
      • McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator  Server
    5. Perform an Agent wakeup call (agent-to-server communication) on the ePO 4.5 server.
      NOTE: This is important because the client will have the wrong key until it successfully communicates.
    6. Run an update, which will now succeed.

And if you dont see such large file there,let me know and we will do some more tricks.

2nd Solution:

Stop the three McAfee services (McAfee common framework, McAfee McShield, and McAfee Task Manager)

Go into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework and delete the catalog.z file

Go into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current and delete all the file and folders in that directory.

Restart all of the McAfee services and have the machine run an update.

It doesn't hapen a whole but this method seems to fix the client.

3rd Solution.

Download SDAT file and run on target client.

Message was edited by: alexn on 2/6/13 1:30:10 PM CST

Post Timings: 6.00 AM to 3.00PM PDT
  • alexn Veteran 722 posts since
    Aug 9, 2012
    5. Feb 7, 2013 9:12 AM (in response to sagarmc004)

If your Machine is standalone and getting McAfee updates from yur dedicated HTTP server then you may try this as well,

1.Open VSe console and under Tools click "Edit Auto update Repository List" Change your Repository from your dedicated server to McAfee Naihttp.

2.Run update task and after it you may come to your normal settings, further I hope it will fetch updates from your http server normally, Also make sure thatyour http server is being updated with Mcafee updates normally, try updating your http server MR as well.

Message was edited by: alexn on 2/7/13 9:12:21 AM CST

Post Timings: 6.00 AM to 3.00PM PDT
  • raghavendrabhat Newcomer 4 posts since
    Oct 17, 2013
    6. Oct 17, 2013 1:57 AM (in response to alexn)

Hey , did any body got solution to this problem , we are also having same issue. Please update

• raghavendrabhat Newcomer 4 posts since
    Oct 17, 2013
    8. Oct 17, 2013 5:24 AM (in response to sagarmc004)

Dat version running on distributed repository is 7230.0000

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points