4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2013 6:09 AM by fgautier

GetRecoveryResponseCode

Hi,

I would like an example of using the command GetRecoveryResponseCode.

In the documentation, it is not clear because the example is a command Result section, and if it's correct, I don't know how to use it.

The result of my coonnection is OK.

And I try :

<Safeboot><SbAdminScripting><SbAdminConnection> ... </SbAdminConnection><SbADminCommand><Command>GetRecoveryResponseCode</Command>...

and

<SafeBoot><SbAdminScripting><SbAdminConnectionResult><ResultCode>0x00000000</Re sultCode><ResultDescription>The operation completed successfully.</ResultDescription></SbAdminConnectionResult><SbAdminCommandResult><Command>GetRecoveryResponseCode</Command><ResultCode>0x0 0000000</ResultCode><ResultDescription>The operation completed successfully.</ResultDescription><Challenge>...

and I always have an error.

Could you help me please?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: GetRecoveryResponseCode
          rbdudani

to work this command, you have to input "Challenge" & "Action" Parameter

for ex:

sbadmcl -command:getrecoveryResponsecode -adminuser:username -adminpwd:password -challange:NXFDGQ91TP01GT0S -Action:CreateToken

• 2. Re: GetRecoveryResponseCode

rbdudani, thanks for your quick response.

I just posted the beginning of the Input XML string. Of course the command was complete. The complete strings I tried :

<SafeBoot><SbAdminScripting>
            <SbAdminConnection><ConnectionType>Transient</ConnectionType><Database>SBDB</Dat abase><AuthType>UserNamePassword</AuthType><AdminUser>SBAdmin</AdminUser><AdminP wd>pwd</AdminPwd></SbAdminConnection>
            <SbAdminCommand><Command>GetRecoveryResponseCode</Command><Challenge>XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX</Challenge><Action>ResetPassword</Action></SbAdminCommand>
            </SbAdminScripting></SafeBoot>

<SafeBoot><SbAdminScripting>
            <SbAdminConnectionResult><ResultCode>0x00000000</ResultCode><ResultDescription>T he operation completed Successfully.</ResultDescription></SbAdminConnectionResult>
            <SbAdminCommandResult><Command>GetRecoveryResponseCode</Command><ResultCode>0x00 000000</ResultCode><ResultDescription>The operation completed successfully.</ResultDescription><Challenge>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</Challenge><Action >ResetPassword</Action></SbAdminCommandResult>
            </SbAdminScripting></SafeBoot>

• 3. Re: GetRecoveryResponseCode
              rbdudani

I tried this command in past on command prompt and worked for me...

so in XML its not working for you ?

• 4. Re: GetRecoveryResponseCode

rbdudani,

No, it doesn't work. But, I think it's because I used the wrong Action.

The right "Action" I needed was  "Create Token" and now, it works and I have the result I was hoping.

Maybe, the action "Reset Password" only works from the client PC.

Anyway, thanks for your help.