2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 10:24 AM by mcoulon

application blacklisting in EMM

mcoulon

Hi everyone,

I want to blacklist for example all Angry Birds versions. I can to that by retrieving the application ID’s  for each version and add each application ID to the  blacklist in EMM.

It means that I have to continuously  keep myself updated and look for  the latest angry birds version and their ID's

Is there away to blacklist all application from a manufacturer  at once?

If you look at the application ID of   ‘Angry Birds Free’. It looks like this ‘com.rovio.angrybirdsfree’.

I think that the application ID of ‘Angry Birds Space’ will look like that ‘com.rovio.angrybirdsspace’

What is the best way to blacklist them all at once . by doing this ? ‘com.rovio.angrybirds*’

Is there another way?

Thank you!

Regards

• 1. Re: application blacklisting in EMM
          mat.kordell

That's a good question and your idea sounds like a very reasonable possibility.  Please test and post your results.

• 2. Re: application blacklisting in EMM
            mcoulon

Hi All ,

This is a reply from Mcafee support;

How to block various applications based on name, please review the following notes related to the use of wildcards:

The wild card supported when adding applications to be blacklisted, it is the asterisk ‘*’. This wild card ‘*’, it is meaningful only at the beginning or end of the “Application Name” or “Bundle Identifier/Package Name”; so that if an EMM user uses the wild card in the middle or anywhere else, it will be consider a literal.

• When a user likes to block applications with a name that start with ‘bird’, then the entry should be ‘bird*’ (without quotes.) • When a user likes to block applications with a name that ends on ‘bird’, then the entry should be ‘*bird’ (without quotes.) • When a user likes to block applications with a name that contains ‘bird’, then the entry should be ‘*bird*’ (without quotes.)