Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
2565 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 12:23 PM by JoeBidgood RSS
mcdave Apprentice 210 posts since
Jul 20, 2004
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 24, 2013 10:02 AM

epoconsole & apache issues after a reboot

after a reboot I get following initialization errors at the epoconsole logon screen

DbWatcher.extension.name - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                        DataChannel - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                        AvertAlerts - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                        GSD7REPORTS - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                        VSEMAS850000 - Dependency VIRUSCAN8600 had initialization error                               
                                        issue - Plugin issue is missing dependency:rs                               
                                        EEADMIN - Plugin EEADMIN is missing dependency:rs                               
                                        VIRUSCANREPORTS - Plugin VIRUSCANREPORTS is missing dependency:CommonEvents                               
                                        GSE7REPORTS - Dependency GROUPSHD7000 had initialization error                               
                                        rsd - Plugin rsd is missing dependency:Notifications                               
                                        VSCANMAC8610 - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error                               
                                        VIREXREPORTS - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                        SITEADV_1500 - Dependency EPOCore had initialization error                               
                                        epoMigration - Dependency AgentMgmt had initialization error                               
                                        Countermeasures - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error                               
                                        EPOCore - Plugin EPOCore is missing dependency:ldap                               
                                        VIRUSCAN8800 - Dependency ComputerMgmt had initialization error                               
                                        EEPC - Dependency EEADMIN had initialization error                               

etc...

• I can log on but most of my functions are missing like the epo tree browser.
  • None of the queries are working.
  • Dashboards are failing as well "This monitor cannot be displayed due to an unrecoverable error"
  • There are apache errors in the eventviewer.

Event Type:    Error

Event Source:    Apache Service

Event Category:    None

Event ID:    3299

Date:        1/24/2013

Time:        4:52:35 PM

User:        N/A

Computer:    EPO01

Description:

The Apache service named  reported the following error:

>>> [Thu Jan 24 16:52:35 2013] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API     .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I checked with the config "https://epo01:8095/core/config-auth" (I can successfully conn

What could be wrong or what can I do to fix our currently unmanagable epo environment

We're using epo 4.5 Patch 6

regards

Dave

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    1. Jan 24, 2013 10:19 AM (in response to mcdave)
    Re: epoconsole & apache issues after a reboot

Can you restart the ePO services, and then once the login screen is available, attach the orion.log here?

Thanks -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

Sep 11, 2009
    3. Jan 25, 2013 9:33 AM (in response to mcdave)

Okay, it looks like ePO cannot find at least one, possibly several, extensions that it needs to run. This can be caused by problems in either the database, the filesystem, or both. I would recommend opening a case with Support as it's really beyond the scope of this forum to troubleshoot something like this - we'll need to go through the database and filesystem and make sure that everything lines up correctly.

HTH -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

Sep 11, 2009
    5. Jan 25, 2013 11:54 AM (in response to mcdave)

That's good news

One thing to bear in mind (if you are not already doing this) is that the database and virtual machine snapshot must match - so whenever you take a VM snapshot, make sure you also take a DB backup at the same time. Otherwise you run the risk of the snapshot not matching the DB, which can cause huge problems.

HTH -

Joe

Sep 11, 2009
    7. Jan 25, 2013 12:23 PM (in response to mcdave)

The biggest problem that could happen is if, for example, you had checked in or removed an extension. Then you would have one version in the filesystem (on the VM snapshot) but a different version referenced in the database. The best-case scenario here is that the affected extension won't load: a worse case is that other extensions depend on the affected one, andwill alsos fail to load, giving you the kind of results you described in you original post. (I'm not saying that this is what caused your original problem, though.)

The best way to approach it is *always* back up the database at the same time that you back up the filesystem (or take a snapshot) - ideally with the ePO services and agent handlers stopped, so that nothing is attempting to write to the DB during the backup.

Regards -

Joe

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points