To fix the issue, please follow the below steps.
1. Open security center using your login credentials.
2. Click on policies | Add policy | Firewall protection | General Settings | Firewall Configuration
3. Select option Administrator configures firewall.
4. Firewall Status "Change the status to 'on'".
5. Connection Type "Select 'Report' option".
6. Now Connection type will be selectable, please select 'Custom settings' and click on edit.
There please check the all the options shown.
* File and Print Sharing
* Remote Assistance
* Remote Desktop
And click on 'Any computer' on under "Add Connection"
7. Save the policy and apply it to the computers.
8. Now do manual update and then check for the issue.
Thanks for the help Sathish,
I still have a problem though.
I cannot carry out step 6 the connection type is set to untrusted network ( which may be wrong) if I try to select any other option including edit, nothing happens)
This happens for new or existing policies
Can you help further?
Please make sure that under "FirewallProtection Mode" you need to select the option "Report". Then you could able to select the 'Custom setting' under 'Connection Type' and follow the remaining steps which we have sent previously.
Thank you Sathish,
I was not aware of that setting.
Could you tell me if it is possible for me to allow an incoming IP address (for the printer) through the allowed incoming address section?
Say for eample the printer is 192.168.1.25, can I allow incoming from that address only? Is this possible /easy to do?
Yes, it is possible; please follow the below steps.
After selecting the 'Edit' beside 'Custom settings' | under 'Allowed Incoming Addresses' select "Specific address range" and enter the same IP Address in both the text box and click on allow and OK.
Thank you Sathish,I really appreciate your help, Very clear and concise information.
I've printed off your instructions for later use, I will try out the IP specific fix later when other users are not in my way..
Thank!!! you for letting us know about the status, please keep us posted for any further queries.