Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1372 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 9:55 AM by kink80 RSS
kink80 Champion 472 posts since
Apr 6, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 23, 2013 9:36 AM

Install VSE 8.8 P2 without McAfee Agent

For some reason I never noticed this before but when I manually run the VirusScan 8.8 with Patch 2 full installer on a server it installs the McAfee Agent as well. (4.6.0.2292). Has this always been the case? I am currently running McAfee Agent 4.5 and have plans to go to McAfee Agent 4.6 in the near future however when some of our server admins want to manually install VSE 8.8 P2 on their servers they get McAfee Agent 4.6.0.2292 installed as well. I do not have the McAfee Agent 4.6 extensions installed on my ePO server as of either so they do not communicate with the ePO server even if they could how would these installations even know where my ePO server is? Is there a way to manually install VSE 8.8 P2 without the McAfee Agent as well?  Thanks in advance.

• wwarren McAfee SME 766 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 23, 2013 9:49 AM (in response to kink80)
    Re: Install VSE 8.8 P2 without McAfee Agent

It has always been this way .

VSE installs the agent in "Updater" mode, so it can update and run scheduled tasks.

Managed environments now wanting to manage those systems simply push the agent install to it, and the Agent will 'do the right things' to then talk to your ePO server. But if you have difficulty with this task you'll want to chat with the McAfee Agent folks (use ePO forum).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points