Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
532 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 1:11 PM by cgrim RSS
feeeds The Place at McAfee Member 102 posts since
Apr 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 23, 2013 8:52 AM

FS Database Utility

Am wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.  When running the Databse utility, and you change the status from active to delete, does that delete the check completely or really just make it inactive.  I am getting flooded with "informational" items that I would rather just disable.  Thanks,

• Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 25, 2013 1:11 PM (in response to feeeds)
    Re: FS Database Utility

Hi,

It really only inactivates it, and you need to make sure you set it to "Custom" as well, otherwise any updates to those scripts will cause your change to be overwritten. 

By setting it to deleted future scans shouldn't find the vulnerability anymore (shouldn't even be an option in the scan), but the Asset Reports will still show it from previous scans, and there's no way to "remediate" them if the scripts *deleted* i.e.  future scans can't determine if the issue still exists and will not negate the previous findings.

To keep from getting flooded with Informational results you could always create some Vulnerability Sets, and scan for and report on only those Vuln Sets?

I hope that helps!
    Cathy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points