Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
3370 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 3:00 PM by jstanley RSS
netik Newcomer 17 posts since
Jan 22, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 22, 2013 7:31 AM

[ePO] Push agents to newly added clients (AD Sync)

Hello community.

We are using ePO with approximately 3500 clients. In a testing environment, I'm trying out new features for the future.

I made a AD synchronization and activated the "Push agents to new systems when they are discovered". However, this doesn't work.

I created a servertask which calls this AD synchronitation every hour, and it successfully adds new clients, but it just doens't push the agent there.

When I call "deploy agent" from the system tree, it works fine on all those clients (after solving some problems with c$ share, firewall and stuff like that)

I heard it's possible to do it with rogue system detection...however, it should be possible without, no?  (Second question: Where can I download the rogue system detection extension?)

Thanks a lot and best wishes

• Laszlo G Veteran 1,213 posts since
    May 23, 2007
    1. Jan 22, 2013 8:14 AM (in response to netik)
    Re: [ePO] Push agents to newly added clients (AD Sync)

Hi netik, if configured AD sync will also deploy McAfee Agent to new computers that didn't already exist under the system tree.

i.e. if you launch an AD sync task and you already have unmanaged computers under your system tree, McAfee Agent won't be deployed to them as they are not new computers.

• Laszlo G Veteran 1,213 posts since
    May 23, 2007
    3. Jan 22, 2013 10:09 AM (in response to netik)

Did you set the McAfee Agent deployment credentials inside you AD sync definition?

• harris_s Apprentice 266 posts since
    Nov 21, 2008
    5. Feb 5, 2013 10:28 AM (in response to netik)

Hi netik,

Did you have any luck with this?

I'm in the same boat, strange this is it has automatically deployed the agent with the ad sync fine for the last 4 years, but after installing latest epo it doesn't seem to work anymore, the deployment task never runs after picking up a new client.  I found the same happened with automated tasks, but could fix them by removing and adding in again.

Am considering getting rid of epo and starting a fresh.

• jstanley McAfee SME 366 posts since
    Nov 6, 2009

This was an issue introduced in ePO 4.6.4 which is resolved in ePO 4.6.5. From the ePO 4.6.5 release notes:

Issue: When running an Active Directory Synchronization task with the option to deploy the McAfee Agent afterward, the agent isn't deployed, even when clients that should receive the agent are identified. (Reference: 813974)

Resolution: The McAfee Agent is deployed to unmanaged clients when the task is run.

EPO 4.6.5 should be released very soon most likely this week. You can view the entire set of ePO 4.6.5 release notes via the attachment at the bottom of KB76688 here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76688

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points