Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1787 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 10:04 AM by keithdrone RSS
sujitjha Newcomer 28 posts since
Jan 9, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 17, 2013 11:19 PM

DLP Accessing error

Getting error while accessing DLP from ePO Server 4.6...I have uninstall the DLP Management tools..restarted but all in vain.

Please reopen this page in order to see its content. If this message is still shown, contact your administrator.

any comment on this

Thanks,
Sujit Jha
  • bogdan.clej Newcomer 14 posts since
    Sep 14, 2011
    1. Jan 18, 2013 1:56 AM (in response to sujitjha)
    Re: DLP Accessing error

One ideea is to  open Internet Explorer in tools (Alt+X) -----Internet Option----- Advanced----Remove  check say Do not save encrypted pages to disk

Sep 14, 2011
    3. Jan 18, 2013 2:55 AM (in response to sujitjha)

The user loggend is local admin ?

The epo console is on the trusted sites in IE?
    Are ActiviX controls allowed  in security settings?

Sep 14, 2011
    5. Feb 5, 2013 5:52 AM (in response to sujitjha)

IE 8 inplace ?

UAC disabled ?

• keithdrone Apprentice 56 posts since
    Jan 28, 2013
    6. Feb 5, 2013 10:44 AM (in response to sujitjha)

It should prompt you to install an ActiveX control, you may check with Support for a manual Active-X installation.

I have the exact same problem, and have had to log into our Jump-Servers and/or EPO server to access this.   Yet on another workstation built from the same image, it does not have this issue.  My co-worker has an identical account and does not have the issue, so you are not alone.

Additionally, ensure your Active Directory permissions for the account you set up permits you to view the interface over the network, otherwise you may have to use the server you have it installed on.

IE9 seems to have some flakiness with the interface as well, consider using IE8 or Firefox (that's worked for us on our EPO server)

EDIT---------

Found it!!

Go to your installation directory on EPO and look for the 'WebApp' folder in the server extensions.

For me, it was

X:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Extensions\installed\DATALOSS2000\9.2.100.12\webapp

Notice I'm using version 9.2, so if you have an older/newer build you'll have to account for that.

There is a file called 'DLP.CAB' and it has the DLPmanagement toolkit in it.  Install that on YOUR machine, and it should fix it.  I just tried this with 2 of my machines, and it fixed the error just fine.

Message was edited by: keithdrone - found solution on 2/5/13 10:44:46 AM CST

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points