Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
570 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 10:08 AM by czql5v RSS
czql5v Apprentice 110 posts since
Aug 1, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 18, 2013 6:26 AM

At Risk?

Hi All,

I have just realised that our first line support guys are manually applying the Agent to newly built machines.

I dont believe there is an issue with this, however, the question is its applied manually does it communicate with the EPO server even though there is not entry

for it in EPO because it has not had the Active Directory sync policy run. The sync policy is designed to run at midnight each night.

If it does not communicate with the EPO server until the sync policy has been run, then I believe that the machine is at risk of a virus infection.

Please could someone comment on the above.

Regards.

• mischaboender The Place at McAfee Member 105 posts since
    Oct 3, 2011
    1. Jan 18, 2013 6:34 AM (in response to czql5v)
    Re: At Risk?

The Agent will communicate with ePO, but it will end up in the Lost & Found group. Check the policies and task you have on that ePO group.

When AD sync is finished the system will be moved to the correct ePO group.

• mischaboender The Place at McAfee Member 105 posts since
    Oct 3, 2011
    3. Jan 18, 2013 9:44 AM (in response to czql5v)
    Re: At Risk?

If you have policies and task assigned at "My Organization", then there is no risk, because Lost & Found inherits from My Organization.

The systems will appear as managed, because they are communicating with ePO.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points