Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
737 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 3:57 AM by jlcmturn RSS
jlcmturn Newcomer 2 posts since
Jan 17, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 18, 2013 4:18 AM

Events 560 with artemisis sensibility high

Hi,

We have an environment of 220 computers managed by ePO Orchestrator, versions are deployed are VSE 8.8 patch 2 and Agent 4.6 patch 2. In November prepared some test computers (5) and changed sensitivity artermesis very low (by default) to high and actived check "scanning active processes" inside the scanning options in real time, looking image attached.

mcafee.bmp

A few days after it appeared many events enabled 560 with access to McAfee objects at exactly the same time. This makes the security Windows registry is fulland a conventional user unable to log. See attached image.

mcafee2.bmp

I've since December with an incidence McAfee open but to this day I have no solution yet. I would appreciate comments from someone who has been through this experience.

If low sensitivity to very low, these events disappear.########

Someone can help me?, someone can understand what are happen?

• petersimmons McAfee Employee 230 posts since
    Dec 22, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 18, 2013 9:08 AM (in response to jlcmturn)
    Re: Events 560 with artemisis sensibility high

The normal sensitivity should be Medium. High and Very High are usually reserved for machines that you highly suspect are infected. However, I have to admit that I'm stumped why they would be correlated. I found this article and this one and this one from our knowledge base. If it were me, I'd do the following:

1. Uninstall VSE.

2. Reinstall VSE 8.8 patch 2.

3. Reboot.

4. Try again.

My thinking is that you might not actually be running patch 2. Or that you think you are but something might not be working right.

Either way. Call support back and ask for escalation.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points