Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
547 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 6:34 AM by Sailendra Pamidi RSS
kink80 Champion 472 posts since
Apr 6, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 17, 2013 3:03 PM

dcredirect.xml file

I am working with McAfee support to resolve an issue where one of my encrypted laptops using EEPC with an OPAL drive will not deactivate even when the policy has been changed to deactivate the encryption. McAfee tech support had me send in a MER file for this client and the ePO Server as well. When they reviewed the MER files they came back stating that my   dcredirect.xml file is wrong. I verified that file was incorrect and pointing to a previous version of ePO but I am hesitant to change this file on my ePO server just to correct one machine. Especially since I have 15,000+ machines and 800+ of those are encrypted and working just fine. My question is what are the risks involved in changing this file? Thanks is advance.

• Sailendra Pamidi McAfee SME 376 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    2. Jan 21, 2013 6:34 AM (in response to kink80)
    Re: dcredirect.xml file

Hi

The dcredirect.xml file is used by one of ePO's system components - DataChannel that is used by various McAfee products. It was reported by serveral customers in the past - but not really a show stopper.  Ideally it should be pointing to the correct version of the extension based on the build number of ePO patch.

I cannot say if that resolves the issue reported - but it certainly does not hurt to change it to point to the correct version.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points