Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2366 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 6:28 AM by Ex_Brit RSS 1 2 Previous Next
macaffeepanos1982 Newcomer 6 posts since
Jan 17, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 17, 2013 5:20 PM

Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise

I am quoting my listeners mail :

McAffee Site Advisor is flagging your site

You need to contact McAffee and find out why.  It might be your advertisers.

I would advise acting quickly to avoid losing a large portion of your listener base.

Just another listener.

Boyd Crow

So advise my what can i do when your product incorrectly flag my site?

With respect

Panagiotis Vairlis

P.S. www.chromaradio.net is my site please check it and you will find that nothing wrong with it.

• spc3rd Champion 339 posts since
    Oct 3, 2010

Hello Panagiotis and welcome to the McAfee Community Forums!

Until some of our more knowledgeable forum members and Moderators can arrive to review your post and offer their input, please review the information at the following link provided by Moderator Peter, which explains how to contact the SiteAdvisor staff and appeal your site's current yellow rating:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/13397

Please be patient as the rating review process can sometimes take some time to complete.

Please feel free to post back if you have additional questions.  We have many knowledgeable members and Moderators here who can help you out!

Best regards,

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 1/18/13 6:27:37 AM EST

McAfee Forum signature.png

Volunteer SiteAdvisor Reviewer
    Mid-Atlantic region (United States)

(Please note:  I am just a volunteer, not employed by McAfee/Intel)

• spc3rd Champion 339 posts since
    Oct 3, 2010

Hello again...

The questions you've asked are indeed valid points, and can best be answered by contacting the SiteAdvisor technical staff via the information I provided in my initial reply to your post. I do not work for McAfee, but simply volunteer my time as a SiteAdvisor Reviewer, as do numerous other forum members and our Moderators.

Unfortunately, I do not have direct access to the SiteAdvisor tech staff and hence, am unable to effect any changes in your website's current SiteAdvisor rating.  The SiteAdvisor staff themselves are the ones who can answer your specific questions and change your site's rating.  In my own research, I have been unable to ascertain anything regarding just why SiteAdvisor has flagged your site yellow.  I have read information in the forums here that SiteAdvisor is undergoing some changes which may help reduce the frequency of issues such as yours from occurring in the future.

I'm sorry I'm not able to be of more help to you.  I can only recommend contacting the SiteAdvisor staff to bring your concerns to their attention.  Perhaps in the interim, some of our other members and Moderators will review your post and be able to provide more assistance than I.

Regards,

McAfee Forum signature.png

Volunteer SiteAdvisor Reviewer
    Mid-Atlantic region (United States)

(Please note:  I am just a volunteer, not employed by McAfee/Intel)

• Ex_Brit Volunteer Moderator 59,545 posts since
    May 6, 2004

It usually takes at least 2 business days for them to get back to you and often longer.  With upwards of 60 million customers they are busy.  I assume you have emailed support@siteadvisor.com plus used the TrustedSource online webform?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/01/13 8:51:45 EST AM

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-143933-5189/78-49/Peter.gif
    Toronto • Canada
    Volunteer Moderator
    I can't help you privately - please post in the Forums
    Use Advanced Forum Search To Find Answers
    Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
    How To Fix File Associations in Windows
    XP & Office 2003 End-Of-Life - 08 April, 2014
    Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools
  • Ex_Brit Volunteer Moderator 59,545 posts since
    May 6, 2004

Your email was addressed to support@siteadvisor.com ?  An auto-response should have been received by you within minutes.   If you didn't get one then either it didn't reach them or your spam filters are catching their responses. 

Contact Customer Service to lodge a complaint.  They are linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-143933-5189/78-49/Peter.gif
    Toronto • Canada
    Volunteer Moderator
    I can't help you privately - please post in the Forums
    Use Advanced Forum Search To Find Answers
    Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
    How To Fix File Associations in Windows
    XP & Office 2003 End-Of-Life - 08 April, 2014
    Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)