1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 6:28 AM by Ex_Brit RSS

Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise

macaffeepanos1982

I am quoting my listeners mail :

McAffee Site Advisor is flagging your site

You need to contact McAffee and find out why.  It might be your advertisers.

I would advise acting quickly to avoid losing a large portion of your listener base.

Just another listener.

Boyd Crow

So advise my what can i do when your product incorrectly flag my site?

With respect

Panagiotis Vairlis

P.S. www.chromaradio.net is my site please check it and you will find that nothing wrong with it.

• 1. Re: Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise
          macaffeepanos1982

Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 11.02.38 π.μ..png

As you can see the only threat for sites are you...

Several cases in this forum reports that you app "siteadvisor" incorectly flags sites

with no reason what so ever, so please remove this message.

• 2. Re: Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise
            spc3rd

Hello Panagiotis and welcome to the McAfee Community Forums!

Until some of our more knowledgeable forum members and Moderators can arrive to review your post and offer their input, please review the information at the following link provided by Moderator Peter, which explains how to contact the SiteAdvisor staff and appeal your site's current yellow rating:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/13397

Please be patient as the rating review process can sometimes take some time to complete.

Please feel free to post back if you have additional questions.  We have many knowledgeable members and Moderators here who can help you out!

Best regards,

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 1/18/13 6:27:37 AM EST
            • 3. Re: Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise
              macaffeepanos1982

Dear Pete C,

thank you about the links for contacting McAfee.

But...

McAfee application accuses our site for not protecting our visitors.

This accusation has no grounds.

Because our site DOES NOT have any problem.

NO OTHER antivirus product, browser, search engine detect any problems.

So answer me that...

Why our site and other sites, as I read to your forum, has incorrectly flagged?

Is because we don't match your standards?

Is McAfee the best of anti-virus app IN THE WORLD?

Or maybe it is because your application is faulty?

Hmmm...

And the best of all I must be patient while your product damaging our 6 year reputation.

I admit you have hummor.

With expectation of honest answer.

P.S. If there is a suspicious behavior of our site why McAfee doesn't display what is that behavior?

When ever i say you,yours e.t.c. i mean McAfee, obviously.

Message was edited by: macaffeepanos1982 on 1/18/13 4:56:31 PM CST
              • 4. Re: Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise
                spc3rd

Hello again...

The questions you've asked are indeed valid points, and can best be answered by contacting the SiteAdvisor technical staff via the information I provided in my initial reply to your post. I do not work for McAfee, but simply volunteer my time as a SiteAdvisor Reviewer, as do numerous other forum members and our Moderators.

Unfortunately, I do not have direct access to the SiteAdvisor tech staff and hence, am unable to effect any changes in your website's current SiteAdvisor rating.  The SiteAdvisor staff themselves are the ones who can answer your specific questions and change your site's rating.  In my own research, I have been unable to ascertain anything regarding just why SiteAdvisor has flagged your site yellow.  I have read information in the forums here that SiteAdvisor is undergoing some changes which may help reduce the frequency of issues such as yours from occurring in the future.

I'm sorry I'm not able to be of more help to you.  I can only recommend contacting the SiteAdvisor staff to bring your concerns to their attention.  Perhaps in the interim, some of our other members and Moderators will review your post and be able to provide more assistance than I.

Regards,

• 5. Re: Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise
                  macaffeepanos1982

Dear Pete C,

thank you for your answers and the time you dededicate for me.

As i mentioned when I said you/yours I ment McAfee.

It's been over 48 hours since I mentioned my problem to this forum,

and 24 hours since I contact support and still nothing.

I am starting to believe that McAfee is a small group of amateurs rather

than a company with profesionals who now what their doing.

If you visit my site you will understand that i am offering my visitors music

with excellent quality via web player, links and mobile.All that for free.

And I am trying to support that for free.

What McAfee do for it's clients money? Trying? They defenetly don't deliver.

If McAfee cannot support a product properly they should stop produce it.

Not sell it.

With disapointment P.V.

• 6. Re: Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise
                    Ex_Brit

It usually takes at least 2 business days for them to get back to you and often longer.  With upwards of 60 million customers they are busy.  I assume you have emailed support@siteadvisor.com plus used the TrustedSource online webform?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/01/13 8:51:45 EST AM
                    • 7. Re: Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise
                      macaffeepanos1982

Mr/Mrs Ex_Brit,

i waitted for a week and nothing is changed.

Not only my site still flagged as suspicious but also got no response to my mail

from support.

I cannot express my unger with words...

What it will take to draw attention to my problem?

A lawsuit?

A copy of this descussion to public so every one second guess purchasing your

product?

What is appropriate?

2 Working days you said?

Dates speaks for them shelves...

• 8. Re: Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise
                        Ex_Brit

Your email was addressed to support@siteadvisor.com ?  An auto-response should have been received by you within minutes.   If you didn't get one then either it didn't reach them or your spam filters are catching their responses. 

Contact Customer Service to lodge a complaint.  They are linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

• 9. Re: Why siteadvisor incorectly flag my site please advise
                          macaffeepanos1982

I did exactly what you said for the second time and guess what?

I did get my ticket TPS-145-58739 and nothing else my site is still blocked.

It's been six working days.

Why do i have to go through this when it's not my fault?

And as i can see from this forum not only me but handreds of people.

If siteadvisor can't work properly shut it down!!!!!

Please advise the proper people to do something about this.

It is tragic!!!

1 2 Previous Next