5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 2:11 PM by samd RSS

Multiple Patches in Current branch...

samd

Currently I have somehow gotten multiple Patch 2's and Patch 3's in the current branch in ePolicy.  Meaning I have two lines for each one and they both show current branch.  The only difference is that the lines for Patch 2 have 8.8.0.2 and 8.8.0.3 and the ones for Patch 3 have 8.8.0.2 and 8.8.0.3. I'm not sure when this happened. Maybe after approving Patch 3.

• 1. Re: Multiple Patches in Current branch...
          samd

Also I've tried deleting the extra copies and the task fails right away with the following in the task log.

1/17/13 2:40:32 PM Started: Remove Components
          1/17/13 2:40:32 PM Removing package 'Patch 3' from branch 'Current'.
          1/17/13 2:40:33 PM Command Failed: Error. the server was unable to find package VIRUSCAN8800 of type Patch on branch Current..
          1/17/13 2:40:33 PM Failed to remove package 'Patch 3' from branch 'Current'.
          1/17/13 2:40:33 PM Completed: Remove Components (The component(s) failed to uninstall. See the Server Task Log for more details)
          • 2. Re: Multiple Patches in Current branch...
            tom3333

I am getting the exact same issue after checking VSE 8.8.0 patch 3 into current. Anyone managed to fix this?

on 21/01/13 2:10:16 AM
            • 3. Re: Multiple Patches in Current branch...
              radarweaver

Had the exact same problem.

What I did to resolve it was this:

Menu, Software, Master Repository

Remove all the VSE 8.8 Patches

Next do this:

Menu, Software, Software Manager

Expand "Checked In Software" on the left

Select "licensed" then on the main window select "McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8"

Below only check in Patch 3, DO NOT check in Patch 2 at all!

Once I did this and it downloaded and had both Patch 2 and Patch 3 checked in without all the others.

They both show Current Branch though, what I'm thinking is Patch 3 has a dependancy for Patch 2 and thats why they both show.

In the Master Repository I only see Patch 3.

Hope this helps...

• 4. Re: Multiple Patches in Current branch...
                radarweaver

Ok played with this some more....

Simply removing Patch 2 from the Master Repository fixes the issue.  It does not like to be moved to the Previous Branch for some reason.

• 5. Re: Multiple Patches in Current branch...
                  samd

removing patch 2 does resolve this.  This brings up a question.  I have Install - Windows (Patch 3) in my repostory as well which I assume is the full version of Mcafee and not just the patch. I always leave the previous version as the previous version of Mcafee. Which is technically Install - Windows Patch 2.  With the full version should there really not be a previous version except in cases where they rerelease an Install at the same patch level. Say only a minor digit change?