When you reinstalled it's always a good idea to run the MCPR cleanup tool and rebooting before installing the new software, It's linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.
Either way there are 5 different fixes in the 'Blank' link in my signature below,
Usually the first one is all that's needed.
I tried clicking the link but it doesn't take me anywhere.
Oh dear, it works fine for me.
Here is what it says:
SecurityCenter fails to open, displays a blank white screen, or displays a Java error
McAfee Total Protection
McAfee Internet Security Suite
McAfee AntiVirus Plus
Affected Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 8
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows XP
When you attempt to open SecurityCenter it fails to open, opens to a blank white screen, or you see a Java error. Other applications on your system might have the same issue.
This issue is often caused by an issue in your Windows operating system. System files depend on one another to provide full functionality. If some of these components fail to register, for example, these interdependencies will fail to function.
If McAfee SecurityCenter displays a blank screen, it may be caused by an incorrect registry key that references jscript.
Download, unzip, and then Run as administrator the script that fixes this.
- Save any work. The script will ask you to reboot your computer when it completes.
- Click the following link and save the file to your desktop:
- Unzip the file you downloaded.
- Open the new folder.
- Right-click mcscriptfix.bat and select Run as Administrator.
- If prompted, click Yes in the User Account Control box.
- As this script runs, a black CMD.EXE (DOS Prompt) window opens. When prompted, Press any key to continue... and the CMD.EXE window will close.
- Restart your computer.
Restarting your computer usually resolves these types of issues, but deeper troubleshooting might be required. Perform each of the following solutions in order and then check if the issue is resolved. If your issue is resolved, you can stop there. If your issue persists, continue to the next solution.
Verify Java is installed and up-to-date
- Close any open applications and restart your computer.
- Click Start and select the Search box.
- Type Programs and Features.
- Open Programs and Features.
- Locate Java on the list of installed programs.
- If Java is listed, click Start and select the Search box.
- If Java is not present, install it from http://www.java.com.
- If you find multiple versions of Java installed, remove all versions, restart your computer, then install Java again.
- Type Control Panel.
- Double-click the Java icon.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Update Now.
If the update tells you that you have the most current version, close the Java control panel and proceed to the next solution. If the update runs, restart your computer and try opening SecurityCenter again. If you still cannot view the SecurityCenter, proceed to the next solution.
Download and run the McAfee PreInstall Tool
- Go to http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.e xe, and save the McPreInstall file to your desktop.
- Double-click McPreInstall.exe.
- Click Start inside the Preinstall Tool.
- Read the warning message and click OK to agree to the changes.
- After the preinstall tool completes, click OK.
- Click Close and restart your computer.
Open SecurityCenter. If the issue is resolved, you do not have to continue. If you are still unable to see the SecurityCenter screens, continue to the next solution .
Uninstall and reinstall your McAfee Security product using the procedure in article TS101331.
If you still cannot see SecurityCenter screens correctly after completing all of the previous solutions, you might have an operating system issue. Do the following and make a note of any errors you receive.
- Click Start and select the Search box.
- Type the following command and press ENTER:
- Right-click command and select Open as Administrator.
- Type each of the following commands and press ENTER after each one. After each command has run, you see a success or failure message:
If you still cannot see the SecurityCenter screens, contact your computer manufacturer with these errors for additional assistance.
Tried 1,2 and 3 with no success. I'm moving onto 4 - the only problem is that the link doesn't work!
The links are fine. Try using another browser.
Solution 1 should have fixed it immediately if used as directed.
If none work then Technical,Support is your only hope and they are available through Useful Links at the top of this page by phone or online chat, it's free.
Thanks for trying, will get onto technical support. No idea why Chrome won't open links today, very odd.
Tried IE or Firefox? Do you have Java installed in your browsers?
That did it, thank goodness. Thanks so much for your help. I had some malware messing with chrome that I managed to root out, and after very carefully following the steps you gave me that sorted it.
I really appreciate the help!