Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
557 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 1:20 AM by asabban RSS
btlyric Apprentice 184 posts since
Aug 1, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 16, 2013 6:26 PM

Enable Proxy Control/Header.RemoveAll

If multiple instances of Enable Proxy Control exist in the configuration, how does MWG handle that?

For example, at top of rule set, I have:

Remove Via and X-Forwarded-For, Always, Continue with Events:

Enable Proxy Control<Disable Via Header> -- set to disable the Via header

Header.RemoveAll("X-Forwarded-For")

Later on in the rule set I have:

Enable Extended Timeout,URL.Destination.IP is in range list Extended Timeout, Continue, Enable Proxy Control<Extended Timeout>

In this particular example, the easiest solution is to disable the Via header in the second Proxy Control instance, but I'm curious as to how MWG would process the logic.

• asabban McAfee SME 1,354 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 17, 2013 1:20 AM (in response to btlyric)
    Re: Enable Proxy Control/Header.RemoveAll

Hello,

MWG basically sets flags. A request comes in and is put into the Rule Engine and with the Proxy Control settings you change flags for your request. When the request passed the Rule Engine these flags are respected by proxy which does the outgoing connection. So basically the last change of a setting will be valid, e.g. if you turn off via Headers at the beginning of your policy and turn it on again at the end of the policy the proxy will only see that Via headers have been turned on in the Rule Engine and respect that when creating the outgoing connection.

Best,

Andre

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points