since long time we are using the via string from the header within a rule to make a decision within a rule.
It was implemented with version 7.1.6
Now we started to use 184.108.40.206.0.
And now we can't use more the via string.
Here an example how we have implemented it in a rule:
Header.Request.Get("via") matches *220.127.116.11*
Also if we try to show the via string in a block message now the value is empty.
Does somebody have a solution for this?
I do not see that behaviour on my 18.104.22.168.
I have a rule that blocks on this criteria:
Header.Request.Get ("Via") matches *192.168.2.232*
And when i forward from another proxy with that IP address, it blocks as it should.
This rule is at the top in only the request cycle, then i have another rule below that in the request/response cycle that removes the Via header as it goes out to the internet.
i don't know why it wouldn't work for you.
thanks for the answer.
To specify this here some more information.
I can see the via information for a normal request but I can't see the via information in context with "next hop proxy".
So I have open a case at McAfee. Let see what they can find out.