Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
792 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 7:21 AM by craig.carrigan RSS
craig.carrigan Newcomer 11 posts since
Jan 10, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 15, 2013 1:51 PM

Ticket Verification

I have a question about the Verify Ticket mechanism in MVM 7.5

In previous versions of MVM, if I clicked Verify, and the host was off line, it would just time out in a short amount of time and report back " Still Vulnerable" If the machine ended up coming out of service I just closed all the tickets associated with that asset.

In Version 7.5 it seems that in the ticket activity window it just shows in Progress until the end of time

If an admin who is clicking "Verify" and then 'Next Ticket" is rapid succesion to verify running patches, seems to be up the resources on the engine, and my scheduled scans are failing.

I did a reboot of my engine and I clicked Verify on a host that I pulled the ethernet cable out of. In the logs it shows it is on retry 20 and has been running about an hour.

Is there a way I can set the timeout limit on the amount of tries the engines will attempt to Verify the vulnerability?

Message was edited by: craig.carrigan on 1/15/13 1:51:57 PM CST
  • Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    1. Jan 25, 2013 2:51 PM (in response to craig.carrigan)
    Re: Ticket Verification

Hi Craig,

Are you on 7.5 patch 1?  I just tested this and the behavior was consistent between 7.0.8 and 7.5.1.

-Cathy

• Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    3. Jan 28, 2013 6:10 PM (in response to craig.carrigan)
    Re: Ticket Verification

Hi Craig,

Is the scan controller on this system?  You might check the Scan Controller logs for any errors or exceptions.

Do you have a Service Request opened for this issue?  A service request should be your next step. 

Thanks!
    Cathy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points