Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
878 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 8:19 AM by andrep1 RSS
web1b Apprentice 87 posts since
Jun 12, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 14, 2013 10:45 AM

Deploy Agent and VSE to laptops that are frequently away from the network?

I would like all the computers in 2 branches and their sub branches to get the McAfee agent and then other software such as VSE 8.8.  If I run a client task "Now" or even at a specific time in the futire, many of the deployments will fail or expire due to desktops being powered off or laptops being away from the office at the time.  I would like McAfee to instal the agent at any time systems with no McAfee agent are detected, but only if those systems belong to specific branches in ePO.  For instance if someone has their laptop at home for weeks at a time and doesn't  connectsit to the network until next month, I would like McAfee agent to still automatically install then.

What are the best ways to deploy the agent to computers that are not available at the time you schedule pushing the agent?

• realistic Newcomer 8 posts since
    Jan 9, 2013

Have you thought of installing the agent via login script / GPO? That's how we have it configured, and it seems to be working pretty good. We will also be looking into including the agent as part of the image when computers are setup, but not there yet...

• andrep1 The Place at McAfee Member 246 posts since
    Apr 26, 2011

You could do it with Rogue System detection if you can setup a sensor at the site where the device generate broadcasts...

• andrep1 The Place at McAfee Member 246 posts since
    Apr 26, 2011

yes, the rogue sensor can be setup on a central dhcp server.

You can also use AD sync to push the agent on unmanaged devices.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points