3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2013 6:39 AM by Peter M

security centre won't install

Hi. I have a Dell N5010 laptop, windows 7, 64 bit. I have had trouble with real time scanning not working. Tried virtual technician which didn't solve problem. Have now uninstalled mcafee but now after reinstalling it freezes on windows logo in start up. I have to do a system restore. Can anyone help me I am losing my rag with mcafee.

• 1. Re: security centre won't install
          Peter M

Run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page.  Reboot and re-try.

For McAfee to function properly this has to be Windows 7 SP1 and you must have IE9 installed, whether or not you use it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: security centre won't install

Hi Moderator. Thanks for help. Have followed MCPR in useful links. Security Centre up and running but still with some problems have attached report. If I close down laptop and restart it stil gets stuck at starting windows logo and I have to do a restore. I have windows 7 SP1 and IE9 installed all upto date. I have got talktalk security as well ruuning. Hope you can help

• 3. Re: security centre won't install
              Peter M

Hi, I'm not qualified to read those things.  Technical Support would be best people to ask, especially with regards to TalkTalk as I'm not familiar with that.

They are free to phone or use their online chat and it's linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.