Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
699 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 1:00 PM by Jon Scholten RSS
krobertsjr Newcomer 5 posts since
Jan 10, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 10, 2013 1:09 PM

Random Video Problem

I am implementing in new web gateway running 7.3 for the software build. I have random websites where the video will not play. The only thing I can find about these sites is they seem to have the tag as "unverified" in the access log. Has anyone seen this before? Should I be looking in a different log? Any help would be appreciated.

• Jon Scholten McAfee SME 852 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    1. Jan 10, 2013 2:48 PM (in response to krobertsjr)
    Re: Random Video Problem

Hi krobertsjr,

Did you install 7.3 fresh? Or did you start with something older (like 7.1.0.x)?

Starting in 7.1.6 new rules were added regarding streaming which improve the user experience.

For reference see the notes here https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-3348 from 7.1.5 to 7.1.6, in it, it outlines the new streaming detector feature.

Best,

Jon

Nov 3, 2009
    3. Jan 11, 2013 1:44 PM (in response to krobertsjr)

I would recommend reimaging if you're starting from scratch (just so you get a feel for what's involved -- it's super easy and takes like 10 minutes).

I was not suggesting you disable the detector feature. I was suggesting you use it as this is what its for.

This is not something you would find in a log. MWG is not blocking anything; its scanning the content, and the video player probably doesnt like that therefore the video doesnt play.

Best,

Jon

Nov 3, 2009
    5. Jan 14, 2013 9:51 AM (in response to krobertsjr)

I figured since you said "I am implementing in new web gateway running 7.3 for the software build." you may have the oppourtunity to reimage.

If not, then you can follow the steps in the article mentioned above to create the streaming media rule.

Best,

Jon

Nov 3, 2009
    7. Jan 14, 2013 1:00 PM (in response to krobertsjr)

Its under the 7.1.5 to 7.1.6 section.

See attached screenshot for reference.

streamingmedia.png

Best,

Jon

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points