1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 12:34 PM by spongetron RSS

The update task will be re-tried in 3 minutes because Updater is in progress.

spongetron

I have several hundret machines out of 12'000 that show the following entry in the mcafee agent log and got caught in a loop:

"The update task will be re-tried in 3 minutes because Updater is in progress."

On these machines the policies are not enforced and DAT/Engine files do not get updated.

Products:

- ePO 4.6.4

- Agent 4.6.0.2935

- VSE 8.8.0.975

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

• 1. Re: The update task will be re-tried in 3 minutes because Updater is in progress.
          spongetron

I resolved the problem. All I did was to disable all update tasks for a couple of hours and pointed the clients to the ePO server as their repository. After a while the loop did not appear anymore in the agent logs.

Now I am rebuilding the super agent repositories that were intended for these clients, as we had replication problems because the agent got stuck in a loop.

I am not shure what the exact cause of the problem was but I think it had to with the outdated repositories, the MSI installer and sheduling of the update tasks (eventhough we use randomization).