Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1874 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 9:54 AM by resourcegroup RSS 1 2 Previous Next
resourcegroup Newcomer 24 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 8, 2013 10:23 AM

Groupshield ignoring Quarantine manager blacklists

I am currently testing out a deployment of MQM alongside Groupshield. Whilst I have managed to get the two systems to communicate, and allow end users to manage their own Spam, I have been unableto get users to create a black or white list, and have these work witghin Groupshield. Are there aditional configuration option which need to be made in order for these two tools to communicate, or is this something which has been encountered before?

I am currently using Groupshield 7.0.1406.110 SP2, with Hotfixes GSE7SP2Rollup2;Patch1;HF726815;HF722781

Quarantine manager is running 7.0.1266.100 with no hotfixes

• Aidan McAfee SME 463 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009

In MQM there are two set ups for B\W Lists - User and Global

Users should be able to login to the UI - are they using their primary smtp addresses or aliases for this??

You can check this in Admin UI - End User Management - Account Management. and you can add/remove items from there also)

Once these are set up correctly in MQM then they should be transferred to the connected product (GSE or MSME) - check MQM  product log for errors or success "pushing configuration to point product".

If this shows successful - then check the GSE\MSME on the Hub Transport or Edge machine (doing spam scanning) - <gse\msme install folder>\bin.

There should be two new files in there -

- MQMAdmin.xml containing the Global B\W Lists

- MQMUsers.xml containing the Users BW \Lists

(can be opened in notepad)

These will be read by the GSE\MSME AntiSpam system.

(These will not be visible in the GSE\MSME interface - only items configure in local BW Lists (or ePO configuration) will be vible in interface. 

Is this all happening correctly??

Nov 4, 2009

Not same files no - the xmls on the MSME machine are read by MSME - as long as there they should be used.

If the MQMAdmin and MQMUser xmls are deleted on the MSME side and the service restarted - one comms happens again between mqm and msme machines - do the files get re-created??

##

You don't happen to have both products on the one machine - do you???  This is not supported and could be problematic.

Nov 4, 2009

No worries.

The details sent to the MSME on the MQM B\W Lists - will be done on MQM-MSME Communication - you'll probably see in MQM Product log something like "Successfully sent configuration to <attached product>" which may correspond to file appearing on MSME machine. (communication period options are in MQM)

Also I may have missed a point - and wonder can you clarifiy   - you stated :-

"but I still cannot get my Blacklist to override the mail server"

Do you have Exchange settings to allow domains or ip addresses via Transport settings, Microsoft Transport Agent Configurations or another Spam solution and then want "override" this via Blacklist MSME\MQM combo??

OR

Do you have a whitelist in MSME config (locally or from ePO) that you want to override with a Blacklist from MQM??

Nov 4, 2009

Question - if you add same items to Black\White lists via AntiSpam config directly in MSME (or from ePO) do they work??

Maybe would tell if issue is actually a scanning or scanning configuration issue rather than a issue between MQM\MSME.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points