Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
588 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 3:40 AM by ritch RSS
ritch Newcomer 31 posts since
Feb 21, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 8, 2013 6:17 AM

Stale Vulnerabilities

Hi All

Does anyone know how to get rid of stale vulnerabilities from old scans, I have set up the database maintenance to purge jobs, tickets etc. after aq mximum of 90 days but still have vulnerabilities in the database that are over a year old!

I would like to remove them from the reporting if at all possible and ideally remove them from the database.

Cheers

Ritch

• jvalverd McAfee Employee 26 posts since
    Feb 19, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 8, 2013 10:29 AM (in response to ritch)
    Re: Stale Vulnerabilities

Hi Ritch,

The maintenance task to remove vulnerabilities after 90 days only applies to remediated vulnerabilities.  My best guess would be that you no longer scan for these vulnerabilities or have chosen not to remediate them.  We do not remove vulnerabilities once they are discovered...unless they have been found 'not vulnerable'.

If you are using ticketing you can set the ticket to ignored so that the vulnerability will not show in scan reports.  Another option would be to delete the asset from the Manage -> Assets screen and re-scan the asset with only the vulnerabilities that you wish to report on moving forward. 

If the above assumptions are not the case...please feel free to clarify.

Jen 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points