1 2 3 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 3:01 AM by Peacekeeper RSS

Problem icon taskbar after update to 12.1

estacivo

Last week on thursday 3 january got updated to security center version 12.1 internet security pack, after that update the mcafee icon in the taskbar disapear after a couple of hours.

I uninstalled it and use the mcpr tool and reinstall it but the problem still is there.

Somebody else got this problem?

My specs:

Win xp pro servicepack 3

• 1. Re: Problem icon taskbar after update to 12.1
          Ex_Brit

We are looking into this issue. We have a conference call with McAfee on this and many other issue this afternoon.

• 2. Re: Problem icon taskbar after update to 12.1
            estacivo

Thanks for letting me know

I also want to let you know i contacted customer support and they tried to get rid of me with an answer on this question: we don't support win xp anymore

Message was edited by: estacivo on 1/7/13 9:48:35 AM CST
            • 3. Re: Problem icon taskbar after update to 12.1
              Ex_Brit

What???? XP SP3 is fully supported until at least 8 April 2014 when the operating system reaches end of support by Microsoft anyway.

If you have an SR number or support reference or even name I would like to follow that misinformation up.  Was this Customer Service (Accounts etc) or Technical Support?

• 4. Re: Problem icon taskbar after update to 12.1
                Hayton

estacivo wrote:

customer support (said) we don't support win xp anymore

Oh, they'd better still support XP. Even Microsoft haven't managed to disentangle themselves from XP, and lord knows they've tried. And XP still has a huge share of the market. Why not dump support for Vista, which has a tiny market share?  (Joke, fellas. Calm down all you Vista users)

I shall ask about this interesting claim in tonight's conference call 

• 5. Re: Problem icon taskbar after update to 12.1
                  Ex_Brit

Hey, I use Vista as my main OS and think it was/is their best creation to date!!    Don't knock my favourite OS....just kidding!!

If I recall, Microsoft had to chop all kinds of goodies off Vista in order to satisfy a public that was growing impatient for change as it was taking an age to develop.

Fortunately they left enough of those goodies intact to make it, in my humble opinion at least, a very attractive and easy to use OS.

Everything since has slowly been hacked away at, partially due to that darned EU and its lawsuits which ruined everything for the rest of the world.

If the EU is so finicky maybe they should try inventing their own OS, just for their use.   Off with their heads!!

LOL

;-)

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/01/13 11:16:09 EST AM
                  • 6. Re: Problem icon taskbar after update to 12.1
                    estacivo

O thanks for helping me out here i realy appreciate it. Hopefully we can find an answer for this problem.

• 7. Re: Problem icon taskbar after update to 12.1
                      Ex_Brit

You didn't get a support reference for the person who told you XP wasn't supported?

• 8. Re: Problem icon taskbar after update to 12.1
                        estacivo

Yes i got one for chat session ; but i'll need to find  it, I was a little ****** off during that session but i will explain what happends:

-starts normal the chat session i explained my problem

-tried to help me through chat, i was getting the idea they were using a translation program.

-Then came the answer about support of xp duration, i googled and found out it was april 2014

-When i told about duration it was quiet for a few minutes, they offer to look on my computer the next day but i explained i'm not  the only one with this problem and that there are many more with this problem. A few years ago they did that to and my system didn't run anymore

- Session ended

Now i'm thinking should i go further with mcafee or not

• 9. Re: Problem icon taskbar after update to 12.1
                          Ex_Brit

Well if it's just an errant icon I wouldn't bother with support.  If the software is protecting isn't that all you need to worry about?

1 2 3 Previous Next