Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
15261 Views 159 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2014 3:50 PM by Peacekeeper RSS Branched from an earlier discussion. 1 2 3 ... 16 Previous Next
baltbullet1 Apprentice 161 posts since
Dec 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 6, 2013 7:23 PM

Quick Clean finds 400 registry errors

After the update, I ran quickclean and it showed over 400 broken registry keys where ccleaner only found a handfull. I didn't allow quickclean to remove anything. Not ready to format my hdd or find programs no longer working needing a reinstall.

Maybe John Mcafee can fix the issues?  LoL

• Hayton Volunteer Moderator 4,590 posts since
    Sep 27, 2010
    1. Jan 6, 2013 7:27 PM (in response to baltbullet1)
    Re: Quick Clean finds 400 registry errors

@baltbullet1  -  I split out your post and moved it to the Quick Clean/Shredder section because it raises an interesting question, and deserves its own thread.

QuickClean is supposed to be a light-touch cleaner, especially where the registry is concerned. If it found 400 registry problems those are more likely than not to be areas associated with McAfee programs. The fact that CCleaner didn't find them reinforces that impression. If you haven't run MVT lately I advise you to do so, and see what it says.

Volunteer Moderator  Leeds, UK
    No PM's please
  • wnebo Newcomer 20 posts since
    Jan 7, 2013
    3. Jan 7, 2013 12:29 PM (in response to baltbullet1)

Had the same issue, but worse; Quick Clean found about 3000 registry entries for deletion, and, since I've been using it for years (and trusting McAfee), I let it run. Big mistake! Couldn't print, couldn't open IE9, couldn't open QuickBooks, couldn't open Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007! (So far - don't know what else won't work, yet.) And real time scanning wouldn't start. Just kept spinning and spinning....  MVT fixed the real time scanning issue on two (of 3) computers; had to reinstall/repair the other software that wouldn't open and uninstall/reinstall printer drivers on all 3. And the Internet Security 2013 update just makes everything run a little slower (McAfee does have a reputation as a resource hog...). The new interface is pretty, but cosmetics don't mean much if functionality isn't there...

Sep 27, 2010
    4. Jan 7, 2013 12:38 PM (in response to wnebo)

Okay, version of QuickClean that's doing this please. I'll ask tonight about it if you can give me the info.

No PM's please
  • wnebo Newcomer 20 posts since
    Jan 7, 2013
    5. Jan 7, 2013 1:09 PM (in response to baltbullet1)

Version 12.1 Build 12.1.120 Last upodate 1/5/2013.

Hope this helps!

Sep 27, 2010
    6. Jan 7, 2013 2:05 PM (in response to wnebo)

Thanks, got that. Mine is still 11.6.164 so I haven't seen this yet.

No PM's please
    Sep 27, 2010
    8. Jan 7, 2013 2:21 PM (in response to baltbullet1)

@baltbullet1 -

Except you said

I didn't allow quickclean to remove anything

so whatever it was it wasn't Quickclean. This is specifically about QuickClean. And I don't suppose you can tell me what the QC version is or was either, since you're not using McAfee any more. Are you?

Message was edited by: Hayton on 07/01/13 20:21:26 GMT

No PM's please
1 2 3 ... 16 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)