Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1602 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2013 8:07 PM by Ex_Brit RSS 1 2 Previous Next
jetta53 Newcomer 5 posts since
Jan 5, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 5, 2013 2:59 PM

McAfee Services Host Shutting Down

I have spent a couple of days trying to figure this out and have run all - Get Susp - Virtual Technician - Malwrebytes - Windows screens - Super Antispyware - McAfee (that won't update) MSCPRXfix and I don't know what all else - All the suggestions that others have tried - This morning same problem so I restarted and imediately started Virtual Technician and also Task manager to see if McAfee Services host was running - windows gives me a message when it says service host not working and shut down - but when screening for security say McAfee says it is working

This all started just before Christmas (I am thinking December 22 update for reasons that will follow)

Virtual Technician today said C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\McSvHost not running and when it tried to repair couldn't repair it - there is also a language issue

In task manager listing services I have

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\McSvHost with the word platform created December 22, 2012 - the one that doesn't work

I also have

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\McSvHost  without the word platform created on July 30-2011 - Everything work great I think up to the last update - I can't even do manual updates

Other info

Running Vista

Question - Should I somehow delete this one that is not running and go back to old one that did?  If so how do I do it?

I have attached a pdf that shows screens on McSvHost

Thanks

Jetta53

Attachments:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points