Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1432 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 11:14 PM by mcafeenewb RSS
jpsenior Newcomer 7 posts since
Jan 4, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 4, 2013 8:54 PM

On-access scan report for EPO?

I have found an EPO on-access artemis scan report that tells me the level the VSE is configured to scan for, but not if it is actually enabled.  We have found a number of workstations and servers that had on-access scanning disabled somehow (usually due to a failed patch upgrade or stopped service).

• hem McAfee Employee 848 posts since
    Nov 18, 2009
    1. Jan 5, 2013 6:08 PM (in response to jpsenior)
    Re: On-access scan report for EPO?

You can create a query from ePO based on the event IDs 1087 and 1088.

Thanks
    Hem

• mcafeenewb The Place at McAfee Member 42 posts since
    Apr 13, 2012
    2. Jan 11, 2013 11:14 PM (in response to jpsenior)
    Re: On-access scan report for EPO?

I have a similar challenge, I want a compliance report to tell me if On-Access Scanner is enabled.  There is a property in epo that does tell you if it is, but you cannot query that field unless you wan to work in SQL...

I am currently testing a script that can be deployed via the EEDK that will help.

The script can be deployed and executed upon check-in, once executed I reads the reg value of the On-Access State key.  The script then translates the data into English an writes that in the Custom Property fields.  I can hen run a report for "Custom properties 4 = OAS Disabled"

Testing looks good, and I hope to be posting in tools section soon.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points