1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2013 6:24 AM by Ex_Brit Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Cannot install Mcafee internet security??

stc

HELP NEEDED.

My Internet security for my macbook pro expired and I repurchased the product again via the Mcafee website as it was cheaper than just renewing my subscription.

I used the uninstall tool to remove my old Mcafee Internet security.

I then downloaded my new purchase.

When I try installing the new Mcafee Internet Security, I get the following error;

'An Enterprise version of the product is already installed on your Mac. You cannot install McAfee  Internet Security upon the Enterprise version.'

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

STC

• 1. Re: Cannot install Mcafee internet security??
          Ex_Brit

As it appears an Enterprise product was installed I've moved this provisionally to Mac and Linux in the Business section for better attention.

• 2. Re: Cannot install Mcafee internet security??
            tonyo

Hi - I have exactly the same scenario. I uninstalled McAfee Internet Security for Mac on my macbook pro, and then tried to install All Access but got the persistent message, "An Enterprise version of the product is already installed on your Mac. You cannot install McAfee All Access - Internet Security upon the Enterprise version." I then tried to reinstall the orignal product but got the same. I've been round the houses on this one, and had various interactions with McAfee, but no one seems to be able to solve the problem.

One suggestion was to try the following site "http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3258" where you are told that there may be a directory called "Incompatible Software" in the root of the hard disk. There is no such on mine, nore does this seem to have any bearing on the issue we're facing here.

I'll keep you posted and be back if I ever get to a solution!

• 3. Re: Cannot install Mcafee internet security??
              stc

Hi Tonyo.

I could not find a solution to this. McAfee support kept passing me back and fourth between the Enterprise product team and non Enterprise product team.

I have given up and got a refund from McAfee.

Let me know if you find a solution as I may then repurchase the product.

Thanks.

STC

• 4. Re: Cannot install Mcafee internet security??
                tonyo

Thanks for that STC - that's exactly what is happening to me. In teh end what I've don is to take my hard disk out and install a clone disk that I just happened to make earlier. So I have the original McAfee product working again, but of course the same unfixed probelm if I want to uninstall it.

As a matter of interest what route have you taken to protect your computer? And have you encountered any problem with this persistent bit of McAfee programming that won;t go away? I'm concerned that something troublesome is going to be left in the system!

Will let you know if I get to a solution!

• 5. Re: Cannot install Mcafee internet security??
                  Ex_Brit

Thread moved back to Consumer products as I shouldn't have moved it in the first place.   Technical Support should be asked to escalatae the matter because I suspect that the "Enterprise" warning is erroneous.

I have asked my contacts at McAfee to look in here.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/03/13 9:59:12 EST AM
                  • 6. Re: Cannot install Mcafee internet security??
                    stc

Hi Tonyo

At present I am just relying on Macs own protection. Not sure what else is a good product to use.

Any suggestions?

STC

• 7. Re: Cannot install Mcafee internet security??
                      tonyo

Hi stc - I managed to get a clone of my system up and running. This had my old Macafee Internet Security before I tried to uninstall it. So it's working again, and I think it's a pretty good product for protection. One thought - do you have Time Machine running? If so you could go back to a date before you tried to uninstall and get yourelf back up and running that way. I'm not sure if that would work but I guess it's a worth a try.

Meantime, I think this has now become an issue for quite a number of people. MACAFFEE NEEED TO LOOK AT WHY THIS IS HAPPENING AND GIVE US A SOLUTION!!

Good luck meanwhile ...

• 8. Re: Cannot install Mcafee internet security??
                        Ex_Brit

As stated above, I've asked my McAfee contacts to take a look at this and another similar thread.

• 9. Re: Cannot install Mcafee internet security??
                          tejaswi.s

Hello,

As you are getting an enterprize version is detected, Requesting you to provide few information for a better clarity of this case. please do reply with your E-Mail Address so that we can check your record.

• Version of your MAC computer : 10.6, 10.7, 10.8

Please try the bellow mentioned steps so that we can check if it is working 

1. Select Go,
                          2. Now click go to folder
                          3. Type usr/local
                          4. Check if you find any folder like McAfee
                          5. If found open the folder
                          6. Now check if you find any file like UninstallMSC
                          7. When you open the file it will popup a terminal window
                          8. Type your MAC password. { Note : Password will not be visible }
                          9. Once the uninstallation is over please restart your computer and try to install McAfee.

Requsting you to provide us an update so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Tejaswi Manikandan.S

McAfee Community Moderator

1 2 Previous Next