1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 3, 2013 6:49 AM by Peter M

McAfee Total Protection Security Centre not updating expiry date

Hi,

Two days back I renewed my subscription to McAfee total Protection 2013 (from the 2012 version). All went well, and the Security Centre said that the subscription is active on the front page of the security centre, however it still shows the old expiry date. However when I click on 'subscription details' everything is updated here. Also since I bought 3 licenses, I renewed McAfee on another computer and the Mcafee that this comp has on it is the updated version in terms of different layout etc.

Can someone help me out?

What I have done so far:

I deactivated McAfee license for the computer in question, and then reinstalled the software from My Account online. But the front page of security centre still shows the old expiry date.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• 1. Re: McAfee Total Protection Security Centre not updating expiry date
          Peter M

It should update eventually when next updating the interface, however if it bothers you, try uninstalling everything via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program (Add or Remove Programs in XP), then run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page, reboot and reinsta;; from your online account.   If you didn't use the cleanup tool when reinstalling, then there might have been some registry keys left behind that are causing this.

Uninstalling via the Control Panel automatically decrements the online account by one machine, so no need to do that yourself.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/01/13 7:49:21 EST AM