6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 5:26 AM by exbrit

Hello All, problems with Macafee

I can not activate the product, antivirus 2013, i just changed my password and nwo it does not recognized it, i had also thunderbird problem compatibility and it is now 2 months that Iistruggle , and i had to re install it 4 times.

now I can't activate it, it has been very ainfull staying hours online trying to use this product, I must say, I am sorry about it. on another computer and this one it was also dificult to simply download it. not of any ease at all I must say.

also getting an error message kind of window when i use firefox and i had to re install 3 times and finally erase firefox as the window popped up too foten and the yes to click to erase it was not even working, i beleive this too rely to Macafee, so the whole experience has been a nightmare i must say again. what ever help I will be getting now, I regret my purchase!

Message was edited by: peter1212 on 02/01/13 10:53:56 CST
        • 1. Re: Hello All, problems with Macafee
          exbrit

Just noticed this..sorry we are spread thin here.  Best bet is to contact Technical Support directly, it's free and available by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Thunderbird's latest version has a problem.  Turn off Email attachment scanning in SecurityCenter > Virus and Spyware Protection > Real Time Scanning > Settings

You are still protected if you save said attachments to the hard drive, they will then be scanned.

This thread has some insight on that - https://community.mcafee.com/thread/50903?start=0&tstart=0

• 2. Re: Hello All, problems with Macafee

Ex Brit, Thank you,

well i have windows 7 and the mcafee is for windows 8? thia may cause a problem with the Imac? cause the sony with windows 7 seems to work with mcafee windows8 is this possible? thnaks for the trick for thunderbrid!

i am thinking going to the store to change it?

thank you.

• 3. Re: Hello All, problems with Macafee
              exbrit

Imac...?    McAfee is compatible with XP SP3 x86 (only), Vista SP2 x86 and x64, Windows 7 SP1 x86 and x64 and Windows 8 x86 and x64.   There are other products for MAC including the All Access one, not marketed worlwide yet, that cover just about everything.

If you need advice on products then phone Customer Service (also linked via Useful Links at the top of this page) and they will advise you on that.

• 4. Re: Hello All, problems with Macafee
                exbrit

The Thunderbird issue is being dealt with as we speak, see this post:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/269752#269752

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/01/13 10:29:21 EST AM
                • 5. Re: Hello All, problems with Macafee

so i can not use the same program for imac tat i used on the sony?

the windows installed on my imac via wmware is windows 7 x 64.

can you tell me if i can use or not this mcafee program internet security 2013.

and am i protected using windows on the apple Imac due to the imac security system or not at all? or do i need an anti virus on the windows 7 x 64 installed on my Imac?

thank you

• 6. Re: Hello All, problems with Macafee
                    exbrit

Assuming you have a spare license available you should be able to install the software in a Windows 7 SP1 virtual machine but as this is on an iMAC I have no idea how that works, sorry.   Technical Support would be able to help you.  It's free of charge and available by phone or online chat through Useful Links at the top of this page.

The question as to whether or not any security software installed directly on the iMAC is protecting everything I have no idea, that question is best directed at iMAC support forums.