Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
1683 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 8:07 AM by dumolts RSS
web1b Apprentice 87 posts since
Jun 12, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 29, 2012 12:53 PM

Syntax to add VSE exclusions in EPO 4.6?

%systemroot%\sysvol\domain\DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory     (Can you use system variables instead of C:\windows?)

%systemroot%\sysvol\staging\             (Do you need to add the \ at the end of a path?)

%systemroot%\sysvol\staging areas  (Do you need to put quotes around paths with spaces?)

What does "Exclude subfolders" mean?  Does it mean exclude the subfolders from this manually-created list of exlcusion or does it mean exclude from scanning?

epoexclusions.JPG

on 12/29/12 12:53:27 PM CST
  • dumolts Newcomer 19 posts since
    Dec 16, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 31, 2012 8:07 AM (in response to web1b)
    Re: Syntax to add VSE exclusions in EPO 4.6?

Yes you can use Environment variables check out KB50998

Yes you have to added the trailing slash for it to be considered as directory otherwise it is considered a file. (Per page 49 of the Virus Scan 8.8 Product Guide)

If I remember correctly the "Exclude subfolders" means that all folders located in the directory will use the same scan settings as the parent directory specified.

So If I exclude Root_Folder from being scanned on read and I check "Exclude subfolders" then Root_Folder\SubFolder1 will be excluded from scanning on read as well. 

I am not sure about putting in a folder with double quotes (") around a path that contains a space.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points