Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1601 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 1:26 PM by Ex_Brit RSS
sapphire Newcomer 2 posts since
Dec 28, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 28, 2012 5:35 PM

Please help - McAfee firewall blocking LAN access

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my router(G to N), and as a result some of my PCs cannot share folders I used to be able to.

I have four computers on the LAN(wired or wireless), and two computers are equipped with McAfee program(let's call them A, and B). I noticed after I upgraded the router I can only access files(shared on the network) from A and B, but not the other way around, i.e. I can see from my network that A and B are on my network, but if I click the shared folder (from PCs other than A and B) on A and B, I got a error saying the path is not accessible. If I turn off my McAfee firewall, then it works just fine. I am sure there is some way to config it so that I can access it freely without turn off the firewall compeletely, but couldn't solve it after half day google/test.

P.S. I set both of them(A and B) as trusted from McAfee.

Please help. Thanks!

PC profile

A: Windows XP home desktop;

B: Windows XP professional laptop;

others are both Win 7 home premium

new router is Linksys E4200

Message was edited by: Hayton - subject line was using strange character set(s) - on 28/12/12 23:35:52 GMT

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points