Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
7294 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2013 8:44 AM by vuilverwerking RSS 1 2 Previous Next
dvestal Newcomer 10 posts since
Jan 6, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 21, 2012 6:34 PM

Outlook performance whe receiving meeting request

About a month ago, users started reporting Outlook hanging throughout the day.  We later correlated it to whenever they received a meeting invitation.  This started happening about the same time I installed the VSE 8.8 patch 2, upgraded the ePo agent from 4.0 to 4.6 and applied any current Hotfixes to both VSE and ePo.  I beleive it has to do with VSE scanning the incoming meeting request from the Exchange server; when the meeting is received by Outlook, the Outlook wind turns white for about 20 seconds while the title bar say (Not Responding) has anyone else experienced this same issue?

• pierce Champion 401 posts since
    Feb 22, 2011
    1. Jan 3, 2013 7:19 AM (in response to dvestal)
    Re: Outlook performance whe receiving meeting request

I have seen a few lock up's with outlook and VSE 8.8P2, generally during DAT updates. When checking resource monitor the memory tab shows a very low amount of memory in the free state and this is what mcafee support have pointed the finger at.

I would install the mcafee VSE profiler and run this to see if it points out anything else that could be added to a low risk profile/exclusion group to aid performance.

• ostein Newcomer 25 posts since
    May 30, 2010
    2. Jan 7, 2013 6:11 AM (in response to pierce)

im having the issue also

outlook locks up at random times

the eventvwr points out mcafee e-mail scan add-in as the reason for the crash

• U4iA Apprentice 68 posts since
    Oct 9, 2006
    3. Jan 15, 2013 4:33 AM (in response to dvestal)

Same issue here on Citrix servers. When people recieve meeting request the session freezes for a few seconds to a couple minutes. Logged a case about this at McAfee Support. We use McAfee Agent 4.6 and VSE 8.8 Patch 2. Will let you know if we find a solution.

May 30, 2010
    4. Jan 15, 2013 4:40 AM (in response to U4iA)

hey U4iA thanks for sharing

can you confirm that the problem is with mcafee e-mail scan add-in ?

May 30, 2010
    6. Jan 15, 2013 10:18 AM (in response to dvestal)

i cant confirm that the issue is related to meeting requests in my case,

but i DO know that once i turned off mcafee outlook add-in

users that  had the hang problem reported back saying  that everything is working great

keep sharing guys!

• asavener Newcomer 3 posts since
    Jun 25, 2013
    8. Jun 25, 2013 3:30 PM (in response to dvestal)

We're experiencing an identical issue.  After upgrading from 8.8 Patch 1 to 8.8 Patch 2, some users started experiencing problems with Outlook.  Outlook becomes unresponsive for up to several minutes if a calendar invitation/meeting request is sent out.  (Larger distribution list means longer before Outlook is repsponsive.)

After reproducing the problem for McAfee, and demonstrating that the problem does not occur when the system's patch level is 8.8 Patch 1, they advised us to open a case with Microsoft.  (Really? Yes, really.)

We're currently having discussions with McAfee about additional troubleshooting, coordination with Microsoft, etc.

• alexn Veteran 722 posts since
    Aug 9, 2012
    9. Jun 25, 2013 4:23 PM (in response to asavener)

Experiencing same issue with windows 8.

outlook 2007(downgraded but still it turns white "not responding".Untill i kill its process and start it again.Also excluded outlook.exe from VSE 8.8 p3 but no luck!!!!

I will ask Micrsoft for its solution?

on 6/25/13 4:23:40 PM CDT

Post Timings: 6.00 AM to 3.00PM PDT
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points