3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 4:11 AM by csg

Windows 8 not displaying managed tasks

Laszlo G

We are teesting a computer with Windows 8, MA 4.6 P3 and VSE 8.8P2 and have seen something strange.

Under VSE general policies we have enabled the "

The problem is that, even applying policies fine, managed tasks are not being shown under its local console.

Now the very strange thing is that when I move this computer to another group under system tree that's being managed by an agent handler then managed tasks suddenly appear, if I move it back to its original group then they disappear.

I've checked VSE policies for both of them and this option is enabled and if I do a "modify policy on a single system" I see the policy inherited so it has not been modified.

I don't know if it's a compatiblity problem between windos 8 and VSE 8.8 P2 (as it has not been 100% certified by McAfee) but it's very strange.

• 1. Re: Windows 8 not displaying managed tasks
          rackroyd

Please make sure you are updating the VirusScan Extensions on the ePO server as well as deploying the patch locally.

My understanding (from Kb article 74593) is that Windows 8 would only be fully supported from VSE 8.8 Patch 3, and of course VirusScan patches generally include extension updates too.

I guess the distinguishing test you should make first is if this only happens on the console for managed  Windows 8 machines rather than say, Windows 7 managed machines or Windows Server 2008 managed machines.

Try repeating it with a client running a different older OS.

Rgds,

Rob.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Windows 8 not displaying managed tasks
            Laszlo G

Thanks for your answer Rackroyd.

In fact all works fine with any platform other than Windows 8, the one who is not working as expected is just a test computer and I supposed it could be caused because it's not still supported at 100% until patch 3 is released.

This is an ePO 4.6.4 server with the latest VSE 8.8 extensions and had deployed VSE 8.8 with patch 2 on this computer.

In fact it doesn't really bother us because it's just a test while waiting for patch 3 and there's only one computer with this OS, I just only asked the question to see if someone else had the same issue

• 3. Re: Windows 8 not displaying managed tasks

Hello,

I have similar issue, but vice versa. Only the Windows 8 machine show managed tasks, all others (XP, 7) don't.

Our environment is similar to Laszlo's.

mfg

csg