4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2012 10:22 AM by Peter M

McAfee Encryption Agent in HP Probook services and cannot find a way to delete

I believe this is part of some of the HP Security suite that comes on ProBook laptops.    I have deleted all of the HP Security Center applications off my laptop, yet this entry remains in the Services list on my system with a status of "Automatic" and all of the maintenance options (Stop, Disable, etc are missing).    I can't find any McAffee folder in my Program FIles or Program Files (386) folder.   I scanned the registry for McAffee and found these entries:

Search For: McAfee

Generated On: Saturday, December 15, 2012

Computer: Local Computer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\services\McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\McAfee Trust

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\McAfee Trust

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs

(C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\BackupScripts\mcafee.xml)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent

(DisplayName=McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\services\McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3144134823-3701718527-3128333388-500\Software\Microsoft\Offi ce\12.0\Common\Internet

(UseRWHlinkNavigation=https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/consumer_support_feedback/self_servi ce)

How can I ensure the Encryption Agent is totally removed from my system?   HP support says that McAfee will have to help me remove it and McAfee support says to use the McAfee removal tool, which says it has removed everything, but I still find that it is in the list of services.

Thanks!