3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 8:07 PM by btlyric

Internal Error 10056: Internal rule engine error: property is in unexpected state.

btlyric

I've recently run across a few instances where small changes to an existing rule set result in Internal Error 10056: Internal rule engine error: property is in unexpected state.

Initially, I thought it was related to rules that set property values, but then a rule that didn't set property values triggered the error when it was enabled.

Anyone got any insight into what criteria/situations cause this error?

When this happens, it affects all client connections through MWG, not just the ones that hit the ruleset in question due to criteria specifications.

• 1. Re: Internal Error 10056: Internal rule engine error: property is in unexpected state.
          asabban

Hello,

I believe this is hard to tell. As it states it is an "internal error", which pretty much means that it should not happen and the error is not caught as expected. It basically means that some property is in a state we don't expect at a specific point of time or position in the code.

Are you able to replicate the problem? In this case it would be beneficial for us to see the rule set and replicate the issue. If it happens sporadically, will it go away when you restart MWG?

Thanks,

Andre

• 2. Re: Internal Error 10056: Internal rule engine error: property is in unexpected state.
            btlyric

Might this be relevant?

2012-12-17 19:19:01,824 [FATAL] Property with id 958983948408982 is missing

• 3. Re: Internal Error 10056: Internal rule engine error: property is in unexpected state.
              btlyric

SOLVED. I figured out what was causing it and fixed it.

MWG 7.2.0.3.0 (13935)

Symptoms:

- Internal Error 10056 appearing randomly and affecting all traffic traversing MWG

- GUI performance bad

- Show Referring Objects not working

- Deleting Lists not working

Solution:

- Found ["FATAL] Property with id 958983948408982 is missing" in /opt/mwg/log/mwg-errors/mwg-ui.errors.log

- Found where that property was referenced in /opt/mwg/storage/default/[my current config date and time]/gwrs.xml and identified the items directly above and below the property. One was a ruleGroup, the other was a rule that happened to be the top rule in that particular rule set. Edited the criteria for the ruleGroup and found that although the current criteria was set to Always, it had at one point been set to the property that was now missing. Enabled the radio button for "If the following criteria is matched" and deleted the property that the GUI now referenced as "Missing property" for the property name. Saved config