Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1263 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 9:16 AM by feeeds RSS
ed87 Newcomer 13 posts since
Nov 29, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 13, 2012 4:10 PM

Vulnerability report excluding

I'm tired of getting reports back with vulnerabilities with recommendations like this:

McAfee is currently unaware of a vendor-supplied patch or update

McAfee Avert Labs is not aware of a vendor-supplied patch/upgrade at this time

I would like to filter these items out of the report.  I assume I can do this using "Patch Availability" rule in a vulnerability set.  I don't want to exclude vulnerabilities that are configuration issues and therefore have no patch available.

Would I include:

"Patch Availability: Patch Available"

"Patch Availability: Undetermined"

"Patch Availability: NA"

and then exclude

"Patch Availability: No Patch Available"

I'm not sure what the difference between "Undetermined and N/A" would be.  Again, I just want to exclude vulnerablities that I can't do anything about in these reports.  I want to make sure that non-patch related issues, like configuration settings stay in the report.

• Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    1. Dec 17, 2012 6:21 PM (in response to ed87)
    Re: Vulnerability report excluding

Hi Ed,

Our R&D team is continually going thru the content and trying to update any of the scripts that didn't have a patch when released (why they put that text), that does now.  it's on ongoing effort.  In any case that you know a patch is available you can let us know and we can get them updated as a one (or 2 or 3) off.

In the meantime using the Vulnerability Set should be an option, but I'm currently working an issue that the "Is not Equal to" is not working.  I'm not sure of the cause yet, so of course there isn't any solution (yet). 

If you run into specific problems let me know, and I can update you on the progress of the other issue.

-Cathy

• Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    3. Dec 18, 2012 2:06 PM (in response to ed87)

Hi Ed,

Sorry, I think you missed my comment above:

"but I'm currently working an issue that the "Is not Equal to" is not working.  I'm not sure of the cause yet, so of course there isn't any solution (yet)."

I see you confirmed that anyway.

When I get more details and/or a fix for it, I will post the solution here.

-Cathy

• feeeds The Place at McAfee Member 102 posts since
    Apr 26, 2011
    5. Jan 18, 2013 9:16 AM (in response to ed87)

Is there an update on this issue.  I have submitted a PER on this issues as well. I would love a second dashboard that only shows vulerabilites that I can actually remiadiate (fix). I also asked for the ability create my own dashboard.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points