4 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2014 7:39 AM by llamamecomoquieras RSS

User Exclusions in Managed Scan.

awbattelle

Our corporate policy dictates that we run a managed scan on all systems once a week. In our previous product, we are able to allow users to set their own exclusions, but in the McAfee (managed) weekly scan we set up, we can't seem to allow this. The Exclusions button is allowed and users can click on it, but the actual dialogue box that appears is all greyed out, and there doesn't seem to be a way to free this up in the VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0 General Options Policies.

We are running EPO version 4.6

Anyone have a solution? or do I need an enhancement request?

Exclusions.png

• 1. Re: User Exclusions in Managed Scan.
          docdj

I have recently been tracking down the cause of extended HDD activity and traced it to the managed scan. But all the options are greyed out for me too. The assumption that this has been answered doesn't help, because the answer was never posted. I have 8.8 installed on several PC's and only one of them has the managed weekly scan present as an item in the console.

CAN the managed scan be disabled or deleted?

• 2. Re: User Exclusions in Managed Scan.
            llamamecomoquieras

Hi there,

It makes sense. Since the task is managed via ePO the only way to modify that task would be from ePO. From VSE console we do not have permissions and that is the reason why is greyed out.

Best regards,

• 3. Re: User Exclusions in Managed Scan.
              docdj

I understand the motivation for the setting. Let me add some background. I installed VSE8.8 on 2 PCs. On one, the managed weekly scan is present. On the other, it is not. I used the same CD to do the installation. Both systems are Win 7 Pro 64-bit. I tried to delete the file "4.ini" which forces the weekly scan to be present, but even as "administrator" I can't delete it. I have also tried to re-install VSE, but that made no difference. I wish to run both systems as standalone, not under ePO control.

Regards

• 4. Re: User Exclusions in Managed Scan.
                llamamecomoquieras

Hi,

Then go to C:\program files\mcafee\common framework\frminst.exe /forceuninstall from command line and it will uninstall the agent

Go to mcafee download site and download the agent and install it standalone and you will manage the machine standalone.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards